relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norcent said:
I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing and I just want advice on what to do next.
We've been down this road before.

Don't DO anything. Live your life, have fun, make friends. you're 17, so act like it. Relationships happen when both parties are trying, so quit trying to carry both ends.

I asked my wife to marry me when we were 17 and we were seniors in high school. We were both mature and were both involved in the relationship. We weren't goofing around or fooling around... we were together because we wanted to be together. We set our wedding date a year away. Why? Because we didn't want to jump into something we weren't ready for at the time.

Did I go looking for a relationship? No, it sorta just happened. in fact, I had just been dumped by her best friend and we (my wife and I) despised each other, so I was definitely not looking in that direction with her. I was being myself at a football game and she liked what she saw and heard, pure and simple.

The fact of the matter is that it is always best to just be yourself with the opposite sex. That way you don't have to pretend to be what you're not, and you don't have to remember what lies you have told. If they like you like you are naturally, you've found something.

Women like to be pursued, but they don't like to be pressured. You have been doing a lot of pressuring by presuming things and talking about a future state when she didn't even know about having a future state. Back off and see how she reacts to you being you. Don't go out of your way to try to impress her, but don't go out of your way to ignore her. I'm not saying let her make all the decisions, but you need to let her give you cues as to what she is or is not after.

Not having a girlfriend is not the end of the world. In many ways it is a blessing. Ask anyone who has been burned and they will tell you.

I was ignoring her today for a while and I know all of that stuff you said is true and all cause I try to follow that stuff. If I was trying to impress her I would get off my computer, get on my mountain bike and bike the 20 miles to her house and back to mine.

20 miles eh?

remids me of the talks you hear old guys give theyre kids

"when I was your age, I'd have to walk feeefteen miles through the snow in tennis shoes just to get to school..."

you guys don't know what I do. about 2 summers ago I got together with a friend and we went on a 9 hour bike ride going no less then 15mph the whole time. Oh and real men don't stop for breaks for water or food when they bike 9 hours so why would me and my friend be any different. We just kept pushing ourselves to the limits till we arrived back at my house.

you guys don't know what I do. about 2 summers ago I got together with a friend and we went on a 9 hour bike ride going no less then 15mph the whole time. Oh and real men don't stop for breaks for water or food when they bike 9 hours so why would me and my friend be any different. We just kept pushing ourselves to the limits till we arrived back at my house.

a bike ride doesn't prove much about being a man...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom