• bryan64

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • trifid

• the bleakness

• deathrow

• juice daddy (animated default winner???)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
defragging is like telling your son of a ***** kid(windows) to clean up the toys(data) in his room(hard drive) and put them back in order and where they belong.

now that's a good way of putting it, windows works, which is why i use it, i don't like "updating" things such as AVG and Ad-Aware, so i'll download the newest one and format once every month or 2, and use norton ghost to re-image it when it needs to within those every 2 months. Yes Windows does come with spyware loaded on it, alexa tracks your internet activity, which technically is spyware, but you can remove it with nLite before you install your system which is what i do. I can't stand the people who bash MS, because windows works, it works good for the most part, you just have to know what you're doing.

isnt about "bashing" MS, just pointing out facts about the situation........most businesses, you do stupid crap like this and means people get fired !!! MS has had TEN years plus to deal with it, hasnt fixed it yet !!! Works good huh, reformat every 2 months LOL.....oh boy, Id hate to see your definition of bad.

The fixes can easily be done, MS has chosen not to do so, im calling em on it, you guys pay for it with your licensing fees.

the maintenance levels you guys are doing seriously crimps productivity to the point of absurdity, its almost beyond belief

well I cant stand people who would rather clean up a virus infection and spyware infections....

Even if you sucessfully remove the virus/spyware, you are going to have traces of it in your system, and your system is comprimised.

So wiping windows is way easier, and when you are done, your computer is like new on a software level.

i agree. besides with all the things i do i always end up in a position where it is just straight out easier to format. formatting is less strain (even with re-installing software) than defragging a completely fragmented hdd. i normally only ever format my windows partition. also seeing as i almost always multi-boot my systems with up to 4 OS's a reformat is called for every now and then

nitestick said:
i agree. besides with all the things i do i always end up in a position where it is just straight out easier to format. formatting is less strain (even with re-installing software) than defragging a completely fragmented hdd. i normally only ever format my windows partition. also seeing as i almost always multi-boot my systems with up to 4 OS's a reformat is called for every now and then

You could just boot a second OS, move all files and folders from your main Windows partition to another disk. Copy them back and you're done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom