• bryan64

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • trifid

• the bleakness

• deathrow

• juice daddy (animated default winner???)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
never reformatting your HD...sounds like my friend. Never removed or installed anything, computer looks the same since he bought it.

Reformatting only takes about 1 hour for me...so once a day isnt bad...

im sure computer shops have to complete lots of reformats in one day.

Shops are different since they are doing it on different PCs every time. Reformatting the same PC can damage the hardware, not to mention its retarded. What in gods name would be a compelling reason to reformat every day? Unless you are purposly trying to get OS crippling viruses I dont know why you'd need to. Reformatting isnt a magic cure that speeds up a computer, sure if theres tons of corruption in the registry and missing shortcut links and OS files it can be usefull, but those problems only come along after a while of use.

talldude123 said:
never reformatting your HD...sounds like my friend. Never removed or installed anything, computer looks the same since he bought it.

Reformatting only takes about 1 hour for me...so once a day isnt bad...

im sure computer shops have to complete lots of reformats in one day.

this is a windows issue completely

with linux or any POSIX compliant OS, you install once, and get on with your life and not waste time on defragging or any other stupidity

formatting even a 300 gig partition in linux takes about 5 seconds

Only when I have to and it's getting to be about that time on my current pc. I'm going to hold off until I get my new desktop, though.

Every 6 months.
I normally tie this up with a long week end like Easter or Labor day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom