Red Belly eating mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thus is the way of life....

How often do you have to feed 'em? And how much? What else do you feed 'em? Just curious...I don't have a clue as to what a piranha's diet is comprised of.

Mice, goldfish, squirl, steak, just mainly meat.
I feed them every 4 to 6 days, mice are cheap $1.46 each and when you bread them, its free ;)

Mice, goldfish, squirl, steak, just mainly meat.
I feed them every 4 to 6 days, mice are cheap $1.46 each and when you bread them, its free ;)

actually its very hard to breed them, except under extremely ideal lucky conditions, i've only had my ciclids breed in the tank before, I had 3 piranhas, i had bought from my local mom and pop fish store, never fed them mouse since they are disgusting mostly fed them feeder goldfish, and my friends Bettas. Hope yours breed, also sux they are illegal in California where i live, but my fish died already:(

EDIT: I like the music in the bg lol.

Am I the only one who feels sorry for the mice? :(

Pretty harsh deaths, but well, that's the way Nature goes, it can be brutal sometimes.

I have too much of a soft spot for my hairy mammalian bretheren, including rodents, to have them fed to automaton creatures like insects or fish.

Nonetheless, your Red Belly piranhas are awesome, I've never heard of a piranha being able to swollow a mouse whole. I've only ever seen them taking lots of little bites out of its victim. Very impressive.

actually its very hard to breed them, except under extremely ideal lucky conditions, i've only had my ciclids breed in the tank before, I had 3 piranhas, i had bought from my local mom and pop fish store, never fed them mouse since they are disgusting mostly fed them feeder goldfish, and my friends Bettas. Hope yours breed, also sux they are illegal in California where i live, but my fish died already:(

EDIT: I like the music in the bg lol.

I think he meant breeding the mice not the fish. ;)

Man thats a huge mess in the tank #1 reason not to feed mice, just use feeders, and anyone who thinks their fish can take it onevsone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom