Real pizza delivery stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol thats great... one of my own here, well if i was a pizza guy it would have been weird

but while i was taking drivers ed, it was from 6:00-8:00pm... so i went school, xc, drivers ed, dinner, bed.... wheres the time for homework?!

in the morning! at 5:00!

but anyways, I didnt get much to eat that month, but i decided i wanted some pizza, so i ordered it and had it delivered to the driving school. The instructer answered the door to my surprise and let me just pay the guy and eat a pizza in class. Partially because he was so shocked, and partially because he was a cool guy (usually we had this **** of a teacher who locks the door at 6:00.00, NOT 6:00.01, but 6:00.00 as he always said

but anyways, the pizza guy gets there, and just looks around all kind of afraid that he went to the wrong address... i gave him like a 3 dollar tip though :D

i think the owner of the school, "Mr. Nelson", found out and the guy got a huge warning, all you need is three to be fired :(

Oh my... I used to be a pizza guy. Deliveries are NOT fun. You would not believe some customers.

One example: I was on a delivery. We don't carry loose change for change after payment. It is just dealt in paper bills. So, I get to the house in record time... 15 minutes after she ordered. I knock on the door... the lady seemed somewhat kind (which is very nice to deliver to). I hand her the order and tell her the price. She hands me the money (no freakin tip either mind you) and I say have a good night (unwillingly due to no tip policy of the customer). She then says "WAIT! WHERES MY CHANGE?!?!" I said "Well, we don't carry change, we only use bills." She said "I want my ******* change." I'm getting nervous at this point, especially since the change was like $0.16. I usually don't carry any change of my own on me either so I was screwed. She is getting mad now and is threatening to call my manager (which was/is my best friend). I said hold on a minute. I went to my car and dug around for ANY change. I found a quarter and went back to give it to her. She is upset that I give her a quarter and says "Hold on a minute... now i have to get you change". I said "No thanks" and walked away.

Moral: Be nice and tip (more than $1.00) your drivers! We are still humans

My friend has a brother who works at a small pizzeria so I'll always order there and get him to deliver if he's working. Regardless of whether he is working or not and makes the delivery I always tip them a few dollars. In exchange I've found my delivery has gradually gotten faster

some funny stories. Although, some of them I think are contrived.

Anyway... I get a lot of delivery every week and it's my custom to tip the driver a minimum of $2.00.

Except this one time when I ordered dominos and it came about 1.5 hrs after I ordered it and after 2 phone calls to the store to find out if it had left yet, which they said it had.

When the driver got to the door, I asked, "What took so long?" The store said you left over an hour ago." He said he got lost. I asked well, why didn't you call me on your cell phone, which I know all drivers have and he said, "oh and I had to stop at home to use the bathroom."

So i gave him the exact cost of the pizza and he looked at me for a second and I just closed the door.

gaara said:
In exchange I've found my delivery has gradually gotten faster

It will. Alot of pizza places (including the one i worked at) actually keep records of customers. Non-tippers, hard to find places, pain in the butt stuff, people that try to get free food by complaining... everything.

It is all noted.

I always tip (if I have it to give). I usually use a check, and just round it up and add a couple ofdollars. My wife will write it for the exact amount...

There used to be a pizza place here years ago (back when my wife was expecting our daughter). It was called Checkers. You could get a large pan with two toppings and 4 16-ounces Coca-Colas (yes, back in the old non-returnable bottles) for $11.13. I would always give them $15, sometimes $20 (feeling generous and payday). Man, I hated to see that place go under.

Used to really be into RPG's. I ran the games, so everyone came to our apartment/house... we'd have up to 12 guys there gaming. We would take up a collection/chip in to order pizza each week, and the order was always $60+. ALL the pizza places knew us back then...

You're generous. I never thought of tipping the delivery boys. Here the cost of tip and delivery is included with the price of the pizza, which is why most places say "10% off at pick-up".

Giving the delivery boy an extra $9...I've gotta start delivering pizzas to you!

Not really Deliveries. But things people have said and asked. There are more however I don't remember all off the top of my head.
(Everything from here on is/are qoutes)

He told me to find another job, he didn't say I was Fired!
Are Steak Fries really Steak?
Can you do half no Cheese?
Is there peanut oil in your Sauce?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom