[RANT] Parents, flatmates and lawn mowers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Some thing I need to get off my chest.......

I have been living in this house for over 12 months now.
One thing I do like about it is that we have a large back yard.
One thing I do hate about that means that some one needs to look after the lawn.

Shortly after moving in, I borrowed my parentÂ’s lawn mower twice so I could mow the lawn. But after about the 2nd time of borrowing the lawn mower, I found that I was easier just to pay the guy next store the mow it.
The other reason was that I got sick and tired about being the only person that would bother to do this job. House-mate Goki always hated doing lawn mowing (actually most house work). And at the time, Housemate Bruce, was never home during daylight hours (or if he was, he was a sleep)

So for about 12 months, we were getting our neighbor to mow the lawn.

Now during the last 12 months, some one at my parents place left the lawn mower out in the open for a few month. And it started rusting really badly. There was a few times I went over to their place, and that lawn mower was not sounding too healthy.

Anyways, Bruce moves out, and I have my this guy Tonga moving in. Tonga does not mind doing the house work from time to time. So he tell me "I don't see why I should pay the next store neighbor to do a job that we can do ourselves"
So I figured, since I am not going to be the only person mowing the lawn now, I don't mind being able to pocket the money.
And then later on that week, the next store neighbor suffers a heart attack.

Anyways, a month ago we have a house inspection. Tonga volunteered to mow the lawn. So he borrow my parents lawn mower.
At the time too, my parents found a sound hand SLASHER that just needs a bit of service. So Tonga and I are thinking, "Sure... We'll buy that, but not now as we are a bit broke"
The good thing about a Slasher is that is work better on bigger lawns (like the one I have)

So Tonga mowing the lawn and he hit some one thing. There was oil and smoke pouring out of the exhaust pipe. Personally, I was at work at the time, so I had no idea it was broken until I got home late that night.
Anyways, my mother tell me to take it to a lawn mower repair shop and get a quote, and if it's with in a certain price, they will pay for the repairs.

I was about to do that when I found that my next store neighbor's son knows how to service lawn mowers. COOL I think. The only problem is that he will be busy for the next 2 weeks, so he would not be able to look at it. I let my parents know about this, and they were fine with the idea.

2 weeks later, the next store neighbor's son is now where to be found and my parents are on my back about getting this lawn mower fixed. So I take it into a lawn mower repair shop for a quote.

So today, the lawn mower repair shop got back to me today. The only thing that the lawnmower needed was a service as some one was not looking after it for the last 12 months. It's going to cost $100 to get it fixed.
So I call my parents up to let the know the how much it will cost as the lawn mower only need a service.

GUESS WHAT..... I have my dad telling me that I can go pay for the lawn mower. Now to make things worse, my dad has all ready desided to take the slasher in for a service too as he "needs a working lawn mower to cut (his) lawn". This now means that he's not going to be needing the lawn mower back. Nor does this mean that he will be selling me the Slasher either.

Now I have my other 2 flat mates that are not helping me out.
Goki's attitude is "I did not break or use that lawn mower at all, why should i have to pay for servicing it"
Tonga's attitude is "Since it's only a grease and oil change and a bit of a clean up, why should I pay for it?"
I too share Tonga attitude, but the way I see if from my parents is that they are seeing that it's ME that is responsible for repairing it as it "was working (barely) before I borrowed it"

It's ****ing bull$#!+!!! Why should I pay for some thing that I did not even break.

Any one has any suggestions on how to get out of this one???

Your feeling different from the rest of us now?, what should we start a printable poll to show that we dont think you should have to pay for it? Life is hard, learn to deal with it cry baby.

Is it possible to sue anyone in this incident?

If all else fails, sue someone. :)

Mr.Modman said:
Your feeling different from the rest of us now?, what should we start a printable poll to show that we dont think you should have to pay for it? Life is hard, learn to deal with it cry baby.

If you don't want to help, THEN DO NOT REPLY! Is it REALLY necessary to make posts like this? They do not reflect well on yourself, and Silesia certainly doesn't have a desire to read them.

Of course, I haven't attacked the quoted post in a very polite manner myself...making me slightly hypocritical...which is why I have decided to end this here, and not go into a rant.

Emily said:
Is it possible to sue anyone in this incident?

If all else fails, sue someone. :)

Oh... yeah, that is a good one.

A manage to settle every thing with my folks. What I am going to do is service their lawn mower provided that they give me the slasher.

The lawnmower is perfect for their lawn, were as the slasher is perfect for my jungle (um.... I mean lawn)

FragLAN said:
Got Engrish ? Next time spell check :)

BTW you never got back to by PM

Praise what you preach. :)

("you never got back to by PM"...perhaps you meant "my PM")

Of course, your spell check idea would not pick that one up...

Silesia said:
Oh... yeah, that is a good one.

A manage to settle every thing with my folks. What I am going to do is service their lawn mower provided that they give me the slasher.

The lawnmower is perfect for their lawn, were as the slasher is perfect for my jungle (um.... I mean lawn)

You should just hire a lawn service. Between you and your other two flatmates it shouldn't cost too much. I pay sixty dollars a month to have a service mow my front and backyard. If the cost is the same where you live, that's only twenty bucks a month from each of you.

Also, it seems to me that your landlord should have to maintain the yard for you. After all, it is his yard. Of all the places that I've rented, I've never had to worry about yard maintenance.

Here is a link that might help you.

what u should do is tell your dad that the slasher dont work no more and it had to go to the bin coz it was a danger hazard and they wouldnt let u take it from the shop lol :D

Whats with americans and sueing ppl:rolleyes:

I think "goki" should pay for some of it. YOu guys are trying to keep your place looking presentable and he thinks its fine looking like a dump. If i were in your shoes id kick him out for not helping :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom