[RANT]I loss my driving license last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
he probably realised the liquor store was closing to lol :D

Yea, he asked me if I had anything to drink. I told him no. He asked me not even a sip? Once again, I told him no. Just here to get the booze then huh? Yup sure am. Funny thing is, I won't be 21 for 6 more days, and this happened 2 years ago. Didn't give me a breathalyzer or anything.

Last night has been a terrible finish to a so-son long week end. I was driving home from my parents place where i got busted for speeding. I was doing 71 Km/h (44MPH) in a 50 zone (31MPH). And to add more problems to this, it's a double demerit long week end.
The road I got busted on is a favorite speed trap for the coppers. It's a 50 zone and it's a slope too.

So it's going to be another 3 months before I can legally drive again. The fine is $260. And my insurance is going to go up too because of it.

Currently not a happy person.

There. I got it out of my system.

On the good news, it does mean that I do not have to worry about the ever increasing price in petrol for the next 3 months.
And I am not longer sobar driver with my friend when we go out drinking too.
You're lucky you didn't have Steve Bracks as premier
he changed the rules here so that if you go 3km/h over the limit, you can get booked!

Stupid thing today is that the news paper had an article about how to get out of the fines. One of them being Medical Emergency. I should of used the excuse saying that I had to rush out to get some panadine forte for my father's arthritis and that I have a box at my home.

The eternal optimist, eh, Harper? :D At least there are some good points in it all.
Pretty much. Since I am going to be back to taking bus's and trains again, I can finally catch up on my reading too. I am way behind on some books. I really do miss the ability to read book.
Might even start playing my PSP again too.

However the biggest bonus is this. I might actually get off my *** and clean up my appartment. One thing I have noticed ever since I got my car is that my appartment has turned onto a real pigsty because I have never been home to clean it.

The other good thing is that I will not be house sitting for my parents when they go over to USA for thier holidays. My sister was giving me a guilt trip about that, and I just turned that around by telling her "Bugger off, I am not slugging it for 2+ hours every evening just so I can feed my parent's dogs". She is not happy about this. :( I am. :)

Nope. Sorry, that trick does not work. On the bright side, maybe you can get Norcent to drive you around.
Another friend of mine who is really up to date on legal stuff said the same thing too.

Okay, it's been over a month now. And I have still not seen my suspension notice. It's beginning to annoy me. However currently i am still driving as I can still drive until I get that notice.

This also means that I am stuck house sitting. However on the good side, my parents are giving me $150 per week to house sit. Mind you, I need to purchase food for my parent's dogs with that too. However it also pays for the my gas in my car.

I also have a friend that I am call pooling with out of the city as he finishes up about the same time I do. And since i am driving out, it means that he can get home a lot sooner. And he's chipping in for petrol

i got pulled over for 46 in a 30, paid a 100 dollar fine, got my license taken away for 20 days, and have to pay a 50 dollar reinstatment fee for my license. oh and since they suck they got my license on a saturday morning and my suspension lifts saturday at noon and they will send it out sunday, but wait, no mail goes out on sunday, so they send it out monday and if i'm lucky i'll get it tuesday, but more likely wednesday, and i have a concert to go to in mass so i doubt i'll be driving down to that....And due to mail issues and the inability for the DMV too let me go drop off/pick up my license my suspension is actually gonna end up being 25 days. **** being under 18 and living in nh.

I've gotten pulled over for going "too slow". 28mph in a 40 in Hollis, NH near you PeterCort. No street lights and it was foggy as ****. Cop said " I know you don't hear this much but you gotta speed up" would of been cool though to have that in my driving record. Other than parking tickets my record is so fresh, so clean. I couldn't imagine losing my license though. Its your livelihood

I'd rather not take the chances of driving w/out a license. Maybe when I was younger I wouldn't care, knowing I couldn't get arrested but after the age of 18 its a totally different ballgame. Court,lawyers and fees.

I get what your saying but you would have to deal with all that stuff even if you werent 18

Ive gotten one ticker for driving without a license and it was 160 bucks, sucked but could of been alot worse (considering i was in a wreck) and that was when i was 16, the cops in my city are pretty cool they dont care about getting kids into trouble for no reason, i would of gotten a warning but i had already gotten a noted warning :(
i should probably get my license lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom