Rant About Other Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
<rant mode on>
This was the first forum i ever joined up at, and its great here, friendly, lots of users, people very knowledgeble etc. Since then i have started my own small forum and joined several other forums. Recently i joined a new forum and it different in a few ways. I think its larger than TF but its organised in such a way you cant get much info out of it. It doesnt run on PHPBB or Invision, i think its uses a completely different code because you cant subscribe to topics, get email notification, when you change your sig or avatar it only appears in new posts etc, so its a bit different.

They had a Suggestions forum so i started a thread titled:Email Notification and i wrote something like this:

"On other forums, i use the email notification fuction a lot, i would find a Email notification capability here really useful"

Somebody replied saying that he wouldnt find it useful, the somebody else replied with a similar view to me. Then i replied something like this:

"Its become a standard on most of the forums that i have been to and it would be great here"

Then, some mod got annoyed and started going on how i was whining on about useless stuff. People on this forum are so annoying and why do they even have a Feedback forum if every idea is ripped to smitherines
<rand mode off>

Its raining here, lol im random.

did someone remove my post?

or did i forget to press "reply" and just forgot about it? :\

hmmm. I dont like offtopic.com lol, bunch of mean people. If you go into the member area without like 200+posts, you will get picked on no matter what you say

P.P. Mguire said:
hmm i dont think this topic should be on here because i dont think TF would want other forums ranting about it.

I think it's ok man. He didn't ID the other forum.. I know the TF mods don't like any of the members saying anything bad about other forums. Possibly for professional courtesy reasons.. But I think if you don't state the name, it's ok :)

true but its saying something about another forum in general anyways. but i guess they think its ok anyways cause they havent locked it. so its all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom