Random gaming headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
So as I'm sure I've mentioned before on here about my problem with Unreal Engine 3 and games using that engine. I get terrible headaches for idk what reason. All I know is, if it isn't UT3 and uses the UE3 I'll have a guaranteed headache within the hour. It used to be limited to just any game with this engine but here lately I've been experiencing headaches with more recent games like Skyrim, BF3, and MW3. Other games such as Supreme Commander, Battle For Middle Earth, LA Noire, Shift, and a few others I have installed do not have this effect on me. Anybody else have this problem? Anybody else know what the problem might be? It is really annoying that I can't play a lot of games out there due to headaches and is ultimately the reason why I have pretty much stopped playing Skyrim.

Hmm, that's very weird man. Perhaps go to your doctor and see what he/she says.

I can only assume it's something to do with things like DOF, I could understand how the game making parts deliberately out of focus can screw with your eyes and focusing and ultimately give you a headache. Or perhaps it's the color scheme, the brightness, volume to loud in some games.. could be so many things.

Maybe try playing with the monitor much dimmer to cancel that out, sit further from the screen, turn the volume down, make sure you are well hydrated during game sessions, have breaks every hour or something like every game manual in existence seems to advise.

I hope you get it figured out though.

edit:

Maybe it's motion sickness ?

My mum had the same issues, ended up that she needed glasses to use when on the computer.

Hmm, that's very weird man. Perhaps go to your doctor and see what he/she says.

I can only assume it's something to do with things like DOF, I could understand how the game making parts deliberately out of focus can screw with your eyes and focusing and ultimately give you a headache. Or perhaps it's the color scheme, the brightness, volume to loud in some games.. could be so many things.

Maybe try playing with the monitor much dimmer to cancel that out, sit further from the screen, turn the volume down, make sure you are well hydrated during game sessions, have breaks every hour or something like every game manual in existence seems to advise.

I hope you get it figured out though.

edit:

Maybe it's motion sickness ?
I have actually tried all of these things in the past and they haven't really helped. I would agree with volume, but in Skyrim since the volume is naturally low it can't be that as my crappy speakers can only go so high. I have a slight case of motion sickness but it only occurs in the car and what happens is if I'm in the passenger seat I fall asleep within 15 minutes. Doesn't happen in any other vehicle (plane, boat, ect) besides the passenger seat of a car. I'll see if FOV helps in Skyrim since I wanted to mess with that again anyways.

Edit: Forgot to mention because of headaches I actually do take a break ever hour or so. I kinda get up and do that old man pinching my nose thing in the corner of my eyes. Another thing I'm going to try is some eye drops. I have had a lot of problems with my eyes staying naturally lubricated so I have to mess with my eyes constantly to keep them from being completely uncomfortable. Actually now that I think about it this may be it lately. Still doesn't explain why I've had a problem with UE3 all these years.

Subliminal messaging, it sounds like your being turned into a Manchurian Candidate :thumbsup:
That was a good movie.

My mum had the same issues, ended up that she needed glasses to use when on the computer.
Possibly, but I have 20/20 vision. I'll check out a vision clinic sometime soon cause I was thinking that too.

I've been noticing that my eyes are hurting more and I've been getting a headache while playing MW3 on 360. I have glasses for when I'm at the computer, but I'm thinking my eye strain and headaches may just be because I haven't really played video games for a while... If you figure out what's wrong let me know, cause maybe it's something similar for me..

I got baaaad headaches with bioshock and bioshock2!!!!! had em after an hour or two of play. I could onyl play that game for 4 hours or less a day!!! played with FOV, texture settings, graphics settings, monitor settings, everything!!!

FO3 and NV kinda did it to me but I managed and the FOV was better but **** bioshock had a baaaaaad FOV!!!!

if they have the same stuff FONV and FO3 had with the FOV fixes skyrim oughtta be fine for me.

You can change the fov in skyrim by bring up the console and typing FOV <numba>, simple as that. Supports up to 160.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom