The QUIZ Score is gone...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you find this post helpful?
Yes - Gives you one credit point.
No - Does absolutely nothing.

It wouldn't need to be done. But it would be an option below every post. If you spill all of your knowledge into one post and someone learns something... You should get credit for that. If someone disagrees with you and thinks your a noob... oh well, even if they vote no, it doesn't effect you.

(Credit should be given, where credit is due.)

I think it would work just fine.
I know for a fact that there are several people here that i've disagreed with several times, and on other occasions, i've learn something from those very people. (I would give them a credit for that.) NO question about it.

May-be this could only be good inthe TroubleShooting Section?

HAVOC2k5 said:

It wouldn't need to be done. But it would be an option below every post. If you spill all of your knowledge into one post and someone learns something... You should get credit for that. If someone disagrees with you and thinks your a noob... oh well, even if they vote no, it doesn't effect you.

I know for a fact that there are several people here that i've disagreed with several times, and on other occasions, i've learn something from those very people. (I would give them a credit for that.) NO question about it.

You know what, thats actually a very good idea :) God knows I've made some very long posts that've gone down into the annals of TF and now seem like a waste of time.

HAVOC2k5 said:

No need for an Unhelpful button if it doesnt do anything. Just waste bandwidth :O

Yeah Flanker... You're absolutely right. You put a ton of effort into a lot of your posts as do many people in this forum. I've learned a lot from you and many others here. Especially on overclocking, audio and even liquid cooling.

I'd like to have a visible way of thanking someone for spending time to explain something, that i learned from. They should get credit for that. I mean we aren't all here because we're getting paid or anything. But, there are many posts that are great. Like some of those sticky's in several threads. The increase the draw and validity of this forum. Those that contribute will have some representation in the form of Help Credits or whatever you want to call them.

If someone posts a cool link to something. You can give them a credit. Whatever... This might actually cut down on some of the, "1 word posts or snide comments."

Even if someone posts a question, "How do I remove the back plate off of the MSI Neo Plat 4 mobo?" You can give them a credit point for that. Mainly because it's a topic that doesn't normally come up and if it becomes a full thread with lot's of people helping, it could help others in the future.

I don't know... I think it could be cool.

What's the worst that could happen? They just remove it?
I think it's worth a try... But, oh well...

Yeah you're right...

Was this post helpful? ( Yes ) They could put it infront of the "report this post | IP Logged" thing.

If not, they obviously don't click ( Yes )

So youve made long posts, you want a cookie? Not to be a pesimist or anything but what does it matter? Why do you want more credit for helping somebody? I think the respect you get from other members and newer members should be enough because a goof thanks or recomendation is good enough for me. I dont need somebody to tell me my post was good> its just when they say thank you that counts.

P.P. Mguire said:
So youve made long posts, you want a cookie?

We make those long posts of our own accord, nobody forces us to do them, and we don't get anything for doing them. We post to help other people and the least that they can do is leave a lasting sign of thanks.

P.P. Mguire said:
Why do you want more credit for helping somebody?

We don't want MORE credit than anyone, but just to be recognized.

P.P. Mguire said:
Its just when they say thank you that counts.

Who says thanks? I can't remember the last time someone thanked me for helping them when it wasn't on AIM.

I'm not whining here. I don't really care if this gets put into effect, I'll stay and help people for as long as I can. I'm just in support of this.

^^(to pp's post, flaker got in jus before me :)) how will newer member know how big a good score is. And if he gets help from someone with a low score does he not trust there help? Seems like a good idea at first, but when you think about it, most active members know which member to talk to if they want a question answered. Newer members will just have to take the help they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom