To quit or not to quit that is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been up since 7:30am and I am already on my 42nd fag of the day, just been out and spent £21.75 on 60 for tomorrow night, yea I want to quit now really want to quit. The problem is I have a source of temptation that is hard to get rid of my humidor anyware from £2500 to £3000 worth of imported cigars to get shut of now I could sell them but I genuinely enjoy a cigar on special ocasions / when I do something I am personally proud of be it a epic save or a massive dump... decisions decisons....

Lukas, I'll let you know when I am disdsbury next we an have a pint.

My dad quit by going to a hypnotist.
My sister quit using Zyban.
My brother quit by reading a book (not sure how exactly).
My friend quit by using Chantix.

I quit for a few months using an electronic cigarette (eventually got sucked back in by another "friend").
First in tandem with regular cigarettes, then by itself, and eventually weaned off to nothing.

Point is, as others have stated, if you really want to quit you'll find a way, even if that means cold turkey.

quit for yourself and no-one or nothing else...

don't pull the "quit for the kids" "quit for the wife" "quit for the dog" thing everyone tries.... it never works.... will yourself and only yourself to quit. ignore anything else.

one wierd thing that worked for a while..... this is very extreme but.....

don't listen to some of the music you have listened to the heaviest when you smoked the heaviest. music encodes memories. don't listen to the same songs for 3 weeks and see.

I've gotten rid of bad memories by deleting some of those songs that happened during bad times off my computer this way. it made me forget.

Cold turkey has begun, nearly at the 3 hour mark and I am gagging for a fag but holding out.

12 hours, nearly. Haven't slipped once although I have been trying to smoke a ball point pen for the last hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom