Quick Question about using an LCD TV as a Monitor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did your TV have a "PC Mode?" I'm reading some TVs have a PC Mode which enables them to be displayed in a way that's even clearer than before. I'm curious which models have such an option.

It's a shame Best Buy doesn't have any LCDs hooked up to a computer for me to see first hand. I'd really like to see what it's like. On one hand, I'm reading on some forums that people are saying that, yeah, the text should degrade in quality due to resolution/size differences, and there's other people saying you'd have to kill them before they give up their 37" 1080p LCD TV as their main computer monitor.

I just really need to see it for myself. And at 700 bucks, it's kind of a blah situation.

Well I have a 42in LCD TV I hooked up to a spare rig. and took a pic of the text. Its a cheaper model than my old sony. Its a Insignia (bestbuy brand) and the text is perfect on that to.

As long as it has a VGA and or DVI input on the TV I dont think you will have problems with text. Both TV I talked about are hooked up through VGA.

No real problem about using a tv as a monitor except dot pitch sizes can become extreme. Whilst you can get monitors that are 22" (2560x1900 resolution) making a really sharp image that adds quite a bit more detail tvs are limited at 1900x1080 and that includes the 106" plasmas aswell as the 26" 1080p screens.

You might want to read up on this guide to what everything means when it comes to a monitor;
http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/your-lcd-monitor-you-189571/

No real problem about using a tv as a monitor except dot pitch sizes can become extreme. Whilst you can get monitors that are 22" (2560x1900 resolution) making a really sharp image that adds quite a bit more detail tvs are limited at 1900x1080 and that includes the 106" plasmas aswell as the 26" 1080p screens.

You might want to read up on this guide to what everything means when it comes to a monitor;
http://www.techist.com/forums/f78/your-lcd-monitor-you-189571/

22" = 1680x1050.

30" = 2560x1600

i would definatly kill for a 1080p tv right now. i use my 40 inch samsun every once i nawhile and the text is always fien for me. im looking at the 1080p res 22 inch monitors tha tsamsung has. they have a higher pixel density then 1900x1200 aparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom