quick question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

legacy

Beta member
hello, i'm new here just so ya know. i'm going to be gathering some part to build up a computer soon and i was wondering something about turning on and off. about how often do you guys turn your computers off? is it daily, weekly? my current computer, which runs better than anyone else's computer that i have used, hasn't been turned off since our last power outtage in december 2005. will this normally kill/hurt a computer? if so, i havn't noticed anything. however with this new computer that i'm going to be building, i want to make sure nothing happens to it, i want it to run good and clean.

thank you for any replys.

I have been told that turning your computer on and off will shorten the life of your CPU.

However I have a computer in my warehouse at work. It's a AMD K6 233. It's about 8 years old and I turn it on and off every week day, and it's still running.

Harper said:
I have been told that turning your computer on and off will shorten the life of your CPU.

However I have a computer in my warehouse at work. It's a AMD K6 233. It's about 8 years old and I turn it on and off every week day, and it's still running.

This is true, it will reduce the lifetime of the computer if you turn it on and off.

But for power efficency, it's best to turn off your PC when your not going to be around it. So like turn it off before you go home (work PC) or when you go to sleep (home PC)

I turn off my PC when I go to school, and when I go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom