Question to those Web-Designers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
How many of you people do house calls when some one is enquiring about your services?

If the website material is political, should there be anything that I should be aware of?

The reason why i ask is that I got this one guy that wants me to set up a website for him. Firstly, he does not want to come into the office. However he's on my way home, so that does not bother me. However I am debating about whether or not I am going to charge him a call out fee, even if I do nothing.

Secondly, he's told me that his website is "policial", how ever he's yet to tell me what it's about.

That doesn't seem like much information to go on in order to make a house call.

I would go to a potential client's office to discuss the matter, but I don't know that I would go to their home (unless it was to sign the contracts for the job).

I think you have a good point about the charge. Tell them that you have to charge for the housecall even if you do not go into contract; that way you don't waste your time, nor his time. And if you decide to do the job, the first housecall fee could be waived.

Dave :D

Personally I hate "initial meeting" fees. I never do business with people who charge them. I am of the opinion that a person should only charge the customer, if he or she actually "does" something productive to the customer - and not just lending an ear..

I realize that it's an annoyance for the business person to make house calls and interview potential clients - but not get their business. And in fact, if you get SO much business, it's worthwhile to charge potential customers. But, from the customer's viewpoint, it sucks :angry:. No chance to shop around.. :angry:..

I might not get the best, but I think the "best" of the people that don't charge the initial fee is good enough for me :D. Like with lawyers for example.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom