question for the older working folk

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomic tofu

Fully Optimized
;)

q for any if they know...i tend to be clueless...what's the average cut that gets taken from your paycheck?

I'm trying to see if it would totally blow...if I ditch this desk job and work at a gym. It's not much pay, but man I would be poor and healthy :D

edit: oh yeah, the older part...is just wondering if any older people would take a big hit just to be healthy :p

Depends on what you claim. I claim 0 so they take the most out from my check, but at the end of the year its a nice size return. From a $370 check i stay with about $304 so about $60.

around 16% for you eh...hmmm
poorer but more fit....such an easy answer if you are 18-25 :D
not so easy later
thanky

Including insurance and all, I lose about 30% from my gross. No 401K, $40 extra withheld for taxes, declaring single & none.

The government takes 19.8% and my insurance and 401K etc takes another 24.5%. Yeah I take home nothing.

bleh, that was what I was thinking was the high end...but looks like I would be taking a loss of an xbox 360 every 2 weeks :D

deskjobs...massive carpal tunnel and extraneous aggravation from various people you don't like...in exchange for taking it easy and being super fit

where's my time machine

Look, money is a big deal when it comes to jobs. Benefits are another big factor. But really, being happy with what you do is numero uno. I enjoy my job even with all the BS that goes on. I have certain "perks" that don't show up on the check stub, but they make my job very enjoyable. I would say 99% of my co-workers I get along with. Some have become very close friends.
Happiness is under-rated.

I claim a 1 and currently they take out around 27$ for taxes. No 401k and no insurance (thru my mom so it's free!). When I was making less (~24K/yr) I'd still claim a 1 and they'd take out around 20%. To "break even" a single non-dependent is supposed to be able to claim a 2 in theory. I'd just claim a 1 and take your refund. I got over a grand back from federal and state from 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom