Question About The Yellow and Red Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
so whats the difference....if i say ****...the swear filter catches it.

but if i type * * * * its the same effect..who would know the difference

p.s. please don't be harsh and give me one for that ^ ^ its for arguments sake

^^ thats where the "discretionary" comes in.

While this new card system is kinda lame, you can avoid it by simply behaving yourself or hanging out at tov instead. I don't aprove of nubius, the general, or flankers actions for obvious reasons but keep in mind that mods don't get paid and put up with all this **** on their own time. Some of them may not have it out for you, but they're problably frustrated do to all the trouble being caused.

In any case TF is pretty hot right now. I don't want to see anyone else banned, so might I recommend everyone be nice and behave. Is that alot to ask?

so whats the difference....if i say ****...the swear filter catches it.

but if i type * * * * its the same effect..who would know the difference

No one would know the difference. You can let the swear filter catch it, but if you type something, and for some reason, the filter doesn't catch it, you might have a SModeratorbot or BanHammer that is not overly pleased:D

so if you type a swear word * * * * (thats just 4 stars <)

then are you still liable for a penalty even if its blurred out?

so if you type a swear word * * * * (thats just 4 stars <)

then are you still liable for a penalty even if its blurred out?

Again, that's where context comes into play. If you swear at someone, that is flaming. If you say something like, "I am ****ing swearing!" then you just vocabularly challenged, but not infracting.

1. Sig Rule Violation is 5 points and expires after 6 months.
2. Inappropriate Language is 5 points and expires after 1 month.
3. Small Infraction is 5 points and expires after 14 days.
4. Flaming is 10 points and expires after 14 days.
5. Spam is 15 points and expires after 1 month.
6. PM Spam is 15 points and expires after 1 month.
7. Inappropriate Content is 20 points and expires after 1 month.
8. Disciplinary Action Minor is 30 points and is a temporary ban for 7 days.
9. Disciplinary Action Major is 75 points and a temporary ban for 1 month.
10. Permanent Ban is 1000 points and never expires.

I am not trying to be a smarty pance here, if you are about to lay down the law with members here, then you might what to think about clearing up these.

Please NOTE that I am not trying to reduce my cards here.

Like the first one the Inappropriate Language and Inappropriate Content. You might want to define the two. Sure, I can under stand the reasoning on why you are going to slap me with, but at define so that the rest of the world know about it.

Secondly, Small Infraction...... what's that? Is that "Oh-whoops,-we-forgot-to-include-this-one" infringment.

Spam.... I think I liked the old tech forums SPAM = BAN rules. Because the way I see it, I can get away with spamming Free Ipods here on tech forums once every 6 - 8 weeks to a month.

Finally 1000 points for a Permanent Ban is 1000 points. Are you sure about that? Like what does one have to do to rack up that. Like at 75 point, I am all ready banned for one month. I can come back again next month and be a another 75 point jerk the next month. So maybe some time at the end of the year, I might 1000 points to finally get Permanent Ban. If it was me (yes, I know my opinion count in your eyes), I would of just left at 100.

That is just my 2 cents.

I am not trying to get my 25 point brought down, I am just simply trying to point out some loop wholes that are currently in your system that might need a little work on.

[Deleted]

Harper, you might be starting to put to much thought into this now

you guys have cleared everything up for me now thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom