Question About The Yellow and Red Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the system. I am not being sarcastic. When I was in elementary school, which was only 3 years ago :), we had the exact same system. Colored cards. IMO if this system can be grasped by children, then it should be able to be understood anywhere regardless.
The system also relied on the ability of children to infer what is right and what is wrong, which I do not think is too much to ask. But hey maybe i am speaking from inexperience.

(IMO)
Pros: An easy to grasp system. I believe fair.
Cons: Sorry I can see no cons.

Sorry if I have been vague or have not contriuted constructively.

~Enterpriser

What have I said about this thread? If it was constructive and served a purpose in improving TF, than it can stay. A picture of a recently used toilet does not benefit anyone.

After a member makes several unproductive posts in an otherwise productive thread, is there really a need to give a reason for deletion each time? It's pretty clear that that member no longer wants to contribute.

Macdude was simply trying to get the thread back on track so that we can have a useful discussion.

Do we need to close this thread? Or should we keep it open so that we can all help to improve TF? Make the choice.

Obviously, gaara doesn't get that I've tired of deleting threads and posting reasonable reasons for doing deletions
You're right, I don't get it, and me not getting it doesn't seem like a valid reason either. Funny you just assume I was referring to when I mention no specific name and proceed to rip my balls of because of it. Trotter has already said the administration is open to constructive criticism, sorry macdude, but shunning me out for giving some god dang advice so you have less work like this to do in the future is downright rude and underminds trotter. Yes, that was addressed specifically to you, and note that I said addressed, I'm not attacking you so take a chill pill or go away, I don't feel like reasoning with someone with a short temper

Dude, it was a JOKE. I'm not that uptight, contrary to popular belief.

I get bored of posting "inappropriate" a lot, what's the big flippin' deal?

And if it hurts your feelings so much that I, God forbid, mentioned your name, I have no problems taking it out.

So you deleted it because you were bored? Huh?!? Or are you simply allowed to delete posts for the sake of a joke? What exactly are you saying? Many people have taken this very seriously and you have either lost or upset a large contribution of the site in a very short amount of time, sorry if you find my and their plight funny

Clearly you have already established from every other post deleted in this topic that the mod provides a valid reason whenever a post is deleted. What is the point of making this effort if you void this idealogy by deleting something for a joke or out of boredom? There is a lack of consistency somewhere in the system, tell me, would you follow the law if you didn't understand it or it didn't make sense?

Choose your words wisely so the system doesn't break in the future

Here's the points that are clearly laid out in front of my eyes.

"some" Current tech forums members, Recently Banned tech forums members:
Are upset with the fact that tech forums is so strict and can't accept or don't want to accept that it is. May-be at one time they enjoyed the forum and it's other members. But, due to policies and handling of policies, it's left a bad taste in their mouths. They feel that being "long time" members and supporting the forum has zero benefits. Being tight lipped and fake isn't in most of these member's blood and they want to "keep it real" so to speak. Being themselves is rewarded with red cards or yellow cards and infractions that mean little or nothing to them. Most of them just want to throw a few lines in here and there and shake things up a bit from the "boring monotony" that TF is with the same threads over and over again. Add spark, add interest, add personality... Colorful adjectives and opinions are what give a forum it's character. Not a bunch of "wanna-be" techies telling noobies what video card they should buy or what processor overclocks the best.

I've been here for a few years and I've enjoyed most of my time here. I've had words with many members and many members have had words with me.
I do not fault anyone for having words with me as I'm just as opinionated as the next person. I do however find it harder and harder to come back to TF and participate in many threads because I must be so tight lipped and fake. I am who I am and may-be TF is just not for me. Hence the reason Mike and Myself created a community to cater to more people like us. Open, honest and free speaking people.

Tech-Forums MODS, SMODS, ADMINS, OWNER:

You have clearly laid out rules, regulations and behavior that is permitted and not permitted. It is either your forum or you represent the ownership with a responsibility to uphold those guidelines set forth. Regardless of "membership" those rules will not be broken without consequence, infraction or punishment.

Those that do not like the rules, can't handle the rules or break the rules, can find another place to play. Your forum is not open for free discussion and guidelines for content must be followed to the letter of the law. No exceptions. Either like it or leave it. Do what I say, not what I do.

Again, I've been here for a few years and I've seen many MODS & SMODS. Most are fair and do a great job IMO. There are some however that are a mistake to have as MODS & SMODS, again IMO. Doesn't matter really, it's only IMO. I have my favorites and I have my "not-so-favorites". But, that's just me.

It's your forum to do as you wish. If people don't like your choices or decisions, it's my understand that there are plenty of other forums and communities out there to better suite their needs. I myself have created one.

In Closing, I wish TF good luck in the future and I'd hope that they wish ToV the same and equal good luck.

~Thanks for Reading

So you deleted it because you were bored? Huh?!? Or are you simply allowed to delete posts for the sake of a joke? What exactly are you saying? Many people have taken this very seriously and you have either lost or upset a large contribution of the site in a very short amount of time, sorry if you find my and their plight funny

Clearly you have already established from every other post deleted in this topic that the mod provides a valid reason whenever a post is deleted. What is the point of making this effort if you void this idealogy by deleting something for a joke or out of boredom? There is a lack of consistency somewhere in the system, tell me, would you follow the law if you didn't understand it or it didn't make sense?

Choose your words wisely so the system doesn't break in the future
I didn't delete it out of boredom. My description was out of boredom.

If you take this that seriously, then maybe you should take up a hobby.

I have to find it funny, almost. I have people freaking out because we now have a more formal way of warning things. Someone does something that is inappropriate and I warn them. They make a big, vulgar display out of it and we ban them. Then the population gets angry because they don't like that rules are being enforced. That's all that this boils down to. People are just getting frustrated that we are doing it so formally now, even if it's with cards seen to be juvenile. Then they pad it with all sorts of nonsense to the point where everything is a flame. It's almost like the 60s.

BTW, HAVOC, very nice last post. Constructive and mostly correct, which is more than I can say for somethings around here.

BTW, HAVOC, very nice last post. Constructive and mostly correct, which is more than I can say for somethings around here.

Well, I see it like this.

If I'm hungry and I want to go to a restaurant, but I don't like Indian food, chances are I'm not going to go to an Indian Restaurant. And if I do just for the heck of it, I'm certainly not going to sit there and complain about the food, when I already know that I don't like it. It seems pointless.

BTW. I actually do love Indian Food, that was just an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom