Question about routers...

Rockrz

Baseband Member
I have a guy I help out sometimes with his business computers and he just discovered that his wifi is wide open... no password... anybody can logon

I need to find a router that can be setup in such a way to where guests can logon using a password that is for guests only... which is separate from the main password protecting the router.

And, the need to be able to login to their router and change the guest only password any time they need to.

What brand / model router would be recommended for this?
I'm assuming it would be one that has good software management...

Any ideas would be appreciated

Well first start by posting what model the user is using currently so we can investigate the current situation. Then if needed we can provide some advice on a new router. We will also need a budget.

I'll be getting a brand new setup for him to start from scratch.

His current unit is several years old and he has to reboot it frequently now so it will be going in the trash shortly.

The objective I'm trying to get at is... what's the best router recommended for having a main network with nice long password for primary PCs, that allows for setting up a guest network where it is easy to change the guest network password frequently

Budget is a couple hundred dollars or less...

If you have too many clients it'll bog down almost any consumer router, especially running separate networks. If it's critical I would suggest a Ubiquity AP over a consumer router.

Back
Top Bottom