Question about Napster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
First off, sorry for putting this in Off topic. I really didn't know where else to put it and my question needs to be answered relativley soon.

Ok, I downloaded alot of music from Napster and one thing I notice that bugs me, is that when I am done burning the music...the name, album, artist, and all of that info is not transfered to the disk.

Therefore, I have to re-enter it everytime I put my music on something. Really annoying.

Is there anyway to get the info on the songs on the cd when I burn them to the cd??

do they not have id3 info with them? The only time that'd it matter on that disc is assuming your player displays that information and when you burn it to a disc, which converts it to .wav format first, all that id3 info is then gone, so basically it's just a no info wav file that's getting burned...

what burning software do you use?

I don't think nero will do that, but then again I don't have a FANCY SCHMANCY player that displays the track and stuff :p

and no I haven't put em into my computer either in which they'd be listed in winamp or something

Well, it's just the simple built in Roxio in Napster or something...

When I put the disk back into my computer or another, it just shows track1, track 2, etc.

hmmm yeah, I'm pretty sure although not 100% positive that nero will actually retain the information when it converts it to wav files....but it really simply should just take whatever the track name is like

CoolSong!.mp3

and simply change it to CoolSong!.wav regardless of id3 info.. =/

sorry guys but one thing you didn't get is that he's burning them to cd, an audio cd. therefore, yes, all tracks will be Track 1, Track 2 etc. cd audio does not retain track information itself. i think you can do that in the cd text part of the cd but i don't know since i don't burn cd's anymore.

Grr, you would think they would have done something smart about now and fixed that.

I have a sony portable CD player, that supports this plus it plays mp3, it only cost $30. Sony Atract3plus mp3 is the name i think. If you trying to play it on your car or some stereo it might not work because older drive don't support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom