Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is no fualt of the moderators that people do not read all posts in a thread before Posting.
Continued posting in this threads means continued infractions.
Normals moderators such as myself do not have access to lock or close threads in all sections of the forum. Only Super moderators and admins can.
No super moderator or admin have come online since I reported this thread to them, therefore it has not been closed, yet..

Stop posting in this thread, or punishment. Pretty simple.
Use PM system to ask questions directed at moderators or admin.

You don't have power to lock threads yet you have the power to hand out 5 point infractions for what your lack of power could be preventing? Seems like an internal affairs issue if you ask me.

Ste, why don't you shut up? If you don't have the power to lock this thread then DO NOT tell people to not post in it.

You're one of the many reasons people are starting to see a dictatorship on this forum, you have no responsibilities in this section so stop enforcing power that you don't have. If the members want to discuss something then let them, I see no problem with the people discussing issues that effect the people, after all this is a democracy, though I could be wrong seeing that aluminum fist of your's and all.

Seriously, be for the people, not the power. You'll go farther.

Ste, why don't you shut up? If you don't have the power to lock this thread then DO NOT tell people to not post in it.

You're one of the many reasons people are starting to see a dictatorship on this forum, you have no responsibilities in this section so stop enforcing power that you don't have. If the members want to discuss something then let them, I see no problem with the people discussing issues that effect the people, after all this is a democracy, though I could be wrong seeing that aluminum fist of your's and all.

Prehaps you are unable to read. But Im pretty sure I made myself clear serveral times.

So once again, if the posting continues so to will the infractions.
Dispite popular belief, members DO NOT have a right to discuss the following.
1. Discuss/talk about other members and how the mod/admin should deal with any of their actions.

2. Discuss/talk about why other threads or posts are closed, deleted or modified in any way.

3. Discuss/talk about the internal policies of the mod/admin team or how we act on them.

Once again, please do not post in this thread, those who have posted after my first post have and will be given infractions.

OUCH... seems like a lot of bad feelings are coming out here...

Edit: As a little aside. Ste has the time to dock up all these points but in his excitement (*coughpowertripcough*) he seemed to have overlooked the spam thread right below this one...

Edit: As a little aside. Ste has the time to dock up all these points but in his excitement (*coughpowertripcough*)
No power trips here. Moderators exist for several reasons.
If you read the rules, and use common sense, you should know what those reasons are.
he seemed to have overlooked the spam thread right below this one...
which he also couldn't lock or delete. but would if he could.

Newsflash: this is not just some public place that absolutely anybody can say or do absolutely anything.

It's a privately owned forum, which the owner is granting people use. Basically, everybody else here (including myself) is a guest.

It's the same as somebody owning a house. The owner can allow people to use his house. But, it's still his house, and he has the right to allow or disallow certain things to happen (within legal bounds).

He also has the ability to allow other people that he trusts, to allow or disallow certain things to happen.

Why is every Norcent thread locked? Did he break any rules? Sorry people im just curious.
As already mentioned, the Forum Leaders will not discuss another forum member with any member. Everyone should know that it is not proper forum etiquette to publicly discuss other members. Even threads like this are not allowed and never have been.

This isn't a Norcent thread, this is a thread about Norcent ;)
There shouldn't even be this thread. If you have questions or objections about/to another member, you should PM a Forum Leader. But as already stated, you may get a PM that says we won't discuss it.

Because the threads get out of hand, because he gets treated like an idiot, because often he deserves to be treated like an idiot, because most of them are about stupid crap.
Please be advised that because you think of someone as an idiot does NOT give you the right to treat them like an idiot, or flame them.

You know how every group of friends has that one guy who everyone knows is just a moron and is only kept in the group for the entertainment of the rest of the group? Thats Norcent. Also, if your group doesnt have one, its probably you :D
Just for an example, that may be true, but your last statement would be considered a flame.

This is a flame. As a Mod, he has duties in specific forums more than other forums. However, he still has responsibility to enforce the rules of TF. You may see no problem with discussing other members, but there are plenty of problems. For one thing, it lead to you flaming a Mod (several times in one post).

Edit: As a little aside. Ste has the time to dock up all these points but in his excitement (*coughpowertripcough*) he seemed to have overlooked the spam thread right below this one...
Another example of the problems with this type of thread. The previous posts helped encourage this flame.

Flaming is still against the rules.

Tech-Forums has never allowed a public thread to discuss another member, or another former member. We will not allow it.

I hope everyone in this thread, or reading this thread, has the sense NOT to start another thread on how bad someone, or some mod, or this forum is in general.

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom