Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
In California, it's actually harder to get a G.E.D. than it is to get a highschool diploma... I mean, there are people who get highschool diplomas here without even knowing how to read! What kind of BS is that?

i don't take notes, I told them I can remember it in my head and I don't study any ways so why bother.I always fell asleep any time I tried to take notes

If you don't take notes, and you fall asleep trying to, how do you even hear what you say you can remember in your head? What, you pick up a pencil and fall asleep? You might be allergic to the lead. So, get the lead out and start studying. That was a little levity.

College isn't any easier. They let you become an adult and decide for yourself to attend class or not. When you don't and you fail, then it was your choice. Not like high school, huh.

BTW, a little punctuation goes a long way!

Dave :D

being smart is only good in highschool, outside of highschool, it doesn't mean jack, its all about hard work, hard work, HARD WORK. there's no hand holding in college either, your teacher won't tell you to write this down, or to remember that, or this and that will be on the exam.. you gotta remember EVERYTHING they say, and only way to do that is by taking notes... they don't always go by the textbooks... they might say stuff from their own knowledge/experience... perhaps you can record the lectures? i always see people putting tape recorders and stuff at the front of the room so they can record the lectures... or if your prof is nice you can give him like a tiny digital recorder he can put in his pocket (doesn't work if 10 people want to do this) or if you're lucky your prof will post the notes on the net (if he prepares his notes on computer..)

anyways.. good luck.. if you feel like you're capable of working HARD and STUDYING!!! and putting at least 3 - 4 hours daily outside of school studying, then you'll have no problems. if you think because you're smart you can take it easy on the studying, well don't waste your time/money..

DMo224 said:
If you don't take notes, and you fall asleep trying to, how do you even hear what you say you can remember in your head? What, you pick up a pencil and fall asleep? You might be allergic to the lead. So, get the lead out and start studying. That was a little levity.

College isn't any easier. They let you become an adult and decide for yourself to attend class or not. When you don't and you fail, then it was your choice. Not like high school, huh.

BTW, a little punctuation goes a long way!

Dave :D

Not always, sometimes they take off from your grade if you have more than a certain number of classes. I had that problem.. **** fascists.

jorsoft03 said:
Okay Powerslave, nobody is turning this into a political argument, I was merely stating the fact that Florida doesn't fund education as well as other states (read Matt2m's previous post as evidence) and may not have much in the way of pseo like schools in Minnesota have. But I suppose if you're going to complain about it sooner or later somebody else will too so I'll just remove it. Happy?:)

This is probably very true. In the job market I seriously doubt that your high school merits will be scrutinized any meaningful way. What matters the most by a huge margin is your college degree and any previous work experience/performance. I'm pretty certain that your high school diploma/GED won't matter much if at all.

I know what you were saying, but some people might take it as

"omg republicans suck at education must flame back lol!"

so I was just sayin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom