Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonewolf5460

Fully Optimized
I am not going to finish high school grabbing my g.e.d and going to college. I don't like the set up in high school too much ******** i don't take notes, I told them I can remember it in my head and I don't study any ways so why bother.I always fell asleep any time I tried to take notes.:confused: And at my school there is a bunch or tards that wont keep quiet and the teachers an ******* he will assign 4 or so pages of work so like 400 problems,so even though i was going to do my work 400+ equations in one night its impossible.So no one in the class did it. Even through all the missed notes and crap assignments I still passed because of my test scores usually an A or B and also my finals test helped alot. I got tired of it though and skipped the last half of 9th and 10th i always tried in the first half but the next half i would get tired of it.Also the rules in my school are very restrictive the tardy sweeps and the "If your not in your seat when the bell rings rule" basically you could walk in class and then the bell rings but just because you were not in your seat your tardy even if you were in class early if your not in your seat your tardy,add that to the "5 five un excused tardys and you get I.S rule" so every one was in internal suspention and Sunday detention. I never went even to internal suspension i would just walk off and any time the principal called me up they would see me on the cameras not walking to the office but walking off campus.Soo if i do even go back and stay until i am 19 will have to deal with like 4 weeks of suspensions and about 3 months worth of detentions to make up but its like 6 months because of the "if you miss you detention you get 2".As you see its my fault too :eek: for the last quarter of school i had 68 un excused absences and 45 tardies.

So I was thinking can i still get a good job with a ag.e.d and a computer engineering degree.The only reason i am going to college is my uncle he says I am to smart not to go so basically an almost free ride.
My uncle bases it on my maturity level and the way i am in a conservsation with him and as he says my knowledge of computers which supasses his and he has a degree in the same field and is the systems administrator for the main bank in Jamaica,so yah good company car the works.I was think maybe i would go back to Jamaica and work at the same bank its a nice *** job.

i apologize for the errors in the post i typed it fast so tell me if you don't understand. :eek:

not the best plan but it works.

I know but i like the set up in college its very open and notes dont count just do the work no BS with kids and retarded rules. I know i can handle it,I was at one point supposed to dual enrole at a college in my area so i had one of those walk throughs on campus also my dads girlfriend took me to here college classes alot over one of my summers so i know how it is.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who can't seem to handle high school's rules, as that's all your job after school will be, work and regulations. Is there any way that you can do PSEO (Post Secondary Enrollment Option) where you're at? Tough for juniors to get into and you need a good gpa/class rank if your school even offers it, but if you get accepted to the program you just go to a local college and the state foots the bill for tuition. Like I said, not sure if Florida has this.

[edited out an allegedly political sentence, Yay!]

This is what I had to do, because I missed all my senior year.

Had no problems in college, now I'm considered a "professional" in what I do.

thanks for the info but i was not asking you for sympathy but me and i am serious more half the class get tardies and i troulbe for other rules that are just way too overbearing i am more worried about getting into trouble that work. And i did say in my post it was my fault too not just the system.

And all those **** getto *** people black and white from dearfield and pompano and margate go to our school so there is always problems in the classes the teachers spend too much time trying to keep every one in line.I live in a good area but i have to deal with it because of the citys we are near.And its like 40 to a class and there is classes that have to split rooms with each other and a lack of supplies its great that we get laptops at our school to take home and stuff but whats so great when there is a lack of books because the school though the laptops would intergrate well because of the book on cds.It would have worked but the **** laptops broke alot so half of the schools laptops were in the tech lab for repair.I should know i was in tech lab.And sometimes kids would not get there laptop back for 4-8 weeks so that made a huge strain on text books,also the hurricanes last year gave the school water damage so guess what moldy text books that had to be thrown out.

jorsoft03 said:
I don't have a lot of sympathy for people who can't seem to handle high school's rules, as that's all your job after school will be, work and regulations. Is there any way that you can do PSEO (Post Secondary Enrollment Option) where you're at? Tough for juniors to get into and you need a good gpa/class rank if your school even offers it, but if you get accepted to the program you just go to a local college and the state foots the bill for tuition. Like I said, not sure if Florida has this. As a republican controlled state they're light on taxes but also light on social services especially education.

don't turn this into a political arguement...even as innocent as that sounds, it will probobly spark something.

No doubt you'll find a job or career with a degree, but its unlikely employers will take into account that you have a GED. Just make sure you finish college though, also if you want, I heard Germany is hurting for IT people, so learn some German while you're at it.

Powerslave said:
don't turn this into a political arguement...even as innocent as that sounds, it will probobly spark something.
Okay Powerslave, nobody is turning this into a political argument, I was merely stating the fact that Florida doesn't fund education as well as other states (read Matt2m's previous post as evidence) and may not have much in the way of pseo like schools in Minnesota have. But I suppose if you're going to complain about it sooner or later somebody else will too so I'll just remove it. Happy?:)

Drizo said:
No doubt you'll find a job or career with a degree, but its unlikely employers will take into account that you have a GED.....
This is probably very true. In the job market I seriously doubt that your high school merits will be scrutinized any meaningful way. What matters the most by a huge margin is your college degree and any previous work experience/performance. I'm pretty certain that your high school diploma/GED won't matter much if at all.

look fella.... the reason why high school teachers make you do all that "bs" is so that you'll do it on your own in college. if you won't take notes even though you get a grade for them, what makes you think you'll take notes when you're NOT graded for them?? What are you going to do when your teacher DOESN'T tell you what to do, and just hands you a syllabus during the first class, the rest is up to you. will you even know HOW to take notes? will you know how to study well?

it's time to shape up dude. get your G.E.D./HS diploma, then goto college. lose your bad attitude and know that life isn't going to get easier. you have to work for things. if you don't want to work for it, don't expect to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom