ques on a rm-250(mx bike)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bmxfreakrider said:
(has either a blown piston, connecting rod, or crankshaft)

Better hope it's just a blown piston ;)

If it's the connecting rod or the crank you could be into a world of hassle's,When they go they usually take a good portion of the bottom end with it,But it should't be that bad of price fixing it since you got it for free,And if it's just a blown piston you better check the cylinder real good for nick's and scratche's,If it's nickle plated there's no boring it out,You will have to get it resleeved :mad:

i got a parts mag, the rod is like 75, piston is 85, and the crank is somewhere between 70 and 90 depending if i get a racing or heavy duty one. i hope its just the piston too, that be the easiest fix. if it was the rod, then it culd of taken the piston with it, and if it was the crank it could of snapped the rod and messed up the piston, so im hoping piston too. then again, from my experience, it could just be blown reeds, ill have to see tomorrow

Thresh said:
I've been riding dirt-bikes since I was 4 and amatuer motocross since I was 10. Up until about 16. I raced the RM125, and I have to say Suzuki's RM has ALWAYS been my favorite, they are awesome bikes. Their 250's a f'ing sweet and have alot of power. The RM250 will be my next bike when I start riding again. If your a noob to dirt-biking, get ready for some bruises and possibly broken bones. But if you have experience, two-stroke 250's are light weight, all power band, and fun as ****.

Yup.

I'v been doing amatuer motocross since I was 11 and I have broken my wrist, a rib, and fractured scapula.

Just make sure you pin it and you won't have many troubles :D;)

I think I may Bore out my 125 to a 144 :D That's the highest the ama "legally" allows, so we can keep up with the 250's :classic:
It really bothers me when I see people case a jump beucase they let off jut a little before a jump.....

Casing a jump is NO fun.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfXEmcsOvbo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nfXEmcsOvbo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"><

Thats Ponca City Moto track.

All the people with the names under them are on 85 cc Bikes. Just to get an idea.

Video get's good at 1:45 ish.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQizI6sk2QI"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/sQizI6sk2QI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

This is Ryan Vilopoto, you saw him the video above, only now he's older and I beileve he is on a 450 Four stroke.

Perfect example of what casing a jump is in that movie

Ouch :D

i guess not huh. well i just got done fixing the truck, we got lucky, was just a blown intake manifold gasket, and great i got to clean my keyboard now..o well. the truck had a blown intake gasket, and water was leaking internally into the oil, so it got pretty messed up, only we got it before real damage. were gonna finish retiming the engine tomorrow, then at about noonish travis is gonna come over and get the truck, head to his place, and get the bike. i talked to him on the phone, and i got good, and bad newz. the crank, and connecting rods are ok, but the piston is seized. thattl be fun, im just gonna get a new top end w/piston(about 150$ total). well i gotta go back outside and finish cleaning up, brb sooner r later, maybe in an hour or so

Yeah it just depresses me to watch anything motox related since I don't have one of my own anymore. I'll be riding again soon though.

hey, thats y i got involved in bmx. if your in good shape, then it can be realy fun just to look at a jump that seems way to big, then go way to fast for it, pull up like a *****, then clear the mofo like no one has ever cleared if before, or ****, go to a bmx track, usually once a year they will have a race for life event(all money goes towards cancer r whatever) and about half your city will be there. just get any bike, get new rims, grips, brakes, crank, chainwheel, and frewheel, and go all out on the race, i mean pedal faster than you have ever pedaled before. i remember doing that like last year(15 intermediate) and there were 2 16 experts in there, and on a 3 race event, i came in 1st the first race, 1st the second race, didnt have to race on the third race, then smoked em on the champ race neck and neck with one of the 16 exp on the final strech over the doubles. thatll make u forget about dirtbikes for about a month if u dont see one.

bmxfreakrider said:
hey, thats y i got involved in bmx. if your in good shape, then it can be realy fun just to look at a jump that seems way to big, then go way to fast for it, pull up like a *****, then clear the mofo like no one has ever cleared if before, or ****, go to a bmx track, usually once a year they will have a race for life event(all money goes towards cancer r whatever) and about half your city will be there. just get any bike, get new rims, grips, brakes, crank, chainwheel, and frewheel, and go all out on the race, i mean pedal faster than you have ever pedaled before. i remember doing that like last year(15 intermediate) and there were 2 16 experts in there, and on a 3 race event, i came in 1st the first race, 1st the second race, didnt have to race on the third race, then smoked em on the champ race neck and neck with one of the 16 exp on the final strech over the doubles. thatll make u forget about dirtbikes for about a month if u dont see one.

Motocross > BMX any day.

Plus Motocross is more badas*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom