quality of downloaded things

Status
Not open for further replies.
what are you trying to rip from?
a TV tuner card?

change the setting in the program you rip video from, im guessing "windows movie maker".

Are you compressing the file? Like converting it to mpg or avi to shrink the file will lower it's quality. VideoHelp.com is a good source for video information.

I noticed that too. Turns out when I was ripping a DVD to my computer it was compressing it to 4.7gb, which is the most common blank DVD capacity available today. When I played the movie, in this case Braveheart, the blue sky had random black dots appear in it. It was downright pathetic. I ripped it to its full capacity, which was **** near 10 gigs if I remember correctly, and it looked great. I just had to set the max rip amount from 4.7 to unlimited, and it went just fine.

The downside is, unless you have a couple terabytes of hard drive space, putting a DVD collection on hard disk is a little difficult to do. On top of that, if you want to make copies, you're pretty much stuck with 4.7gb compressed quality or investing in some dual layer blank DVD's and a dual layer burner, in which case it's almost more worthwhile to just buy the **** DVD from Circuit City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom