PZEROFGH tried to trick me into downloading a virus...

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversive

Beta member
...This is really weird. Okay, I only talk via AIM to people on my buddy list, and I happened to keep pzerofgh on it after asking him some questions that he gladly helped me with (met him on this forum) about purchasing a new processor. So I'm chillin at the computer, minding my own biz, and I get this message from pzerofgh, which I logged (Trillian does it automatically):

[00:54] pzerofgh: [SNIPPED] see my pic
[00:55] *** "pzerofgh" signed off at Thu Sep 29 00:55:21 2005.

He signed off before I could say anyway. Anyway, careful not to load that shit; the PHP script apparently tries to get you to download a .COM file (not a benign .JPG file). Luckily, Mozilla caught this (as I wasn't paying attention and wouldn't have suspected anything malignant from someone that so graciously gave me computer advice) and asked if i really wanted to open this .COM file....Of course I clicked No immediately!

Anyway, I just wanted to put that out here...perhaps you should be aware of this guy. That's some pretty shady shit. He tries to get me to download some .COM file masquerading as a .JPG file, out of the blue. OFF WITH HIS HEAD, I SAY!

Well, if it was really a message from "pzerofgh", it might just be that he himself has been infected and that was a auto generated message by the virus.. I got a message from one of my co-workers as well. After berating the "unknown" person for a few minutes, I find out that he works with me and that he didn't know what the hell was going on..

Either that, or you are lying out of your ass :mad:... Especially considering it's a new account. :confused:

I've had that happen before except the url was to ebaumsworld. It's exactly as chankama said.......he got infected aswell.

FireFox said:
I've had that happen before except the url was to ebaumsworld. It's exactly as chankama said.......he got infected aswell.

Their is no way a link a page on ebaumsworld contained a virus, if a computer is infected, it doesnt control someone elses server like that.

Well we will see what the real cause is, virus or human when that link comes online.

If not, it's funny for a guy with 2000 posts in a PC forum to catch a virus....

DJ-CHRIS said:
Their is no way a link a page on ebaumsworld contained a virus, if a computer is infected, it doesnt control someone elses server like that.

Did I say it 'controlled' someone elses server? You assume way to much considering that you obviously don't understand how they work. Sorry, Chris, but you're not a expert in everything.

It was originally suppose to download a *.wmv file, but instead it downloaded a *.com file.

I ran it on my experimental computer just for kicks, and sure enough. It started opening up IM windows and sending it to everyone else. I've seen those kinds of viruses, and I've seen how they work. It's very simple and quite rather ingenious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom