PS3's to pay for my college tuition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Well, Im a college student studying business, and any college student will tell you that college is uber expensive.

So I was thinking of ways to pay for college (Loans, scholarships, ect.) and I remembered how the Xbox 360's sold out everywhere on launch day and were re-saleing on ebay for insane prices.

I know the PS3's are gona do this cause they are going to be in even worse short supply on launch than the 360's were. So I figured why don't I go buy some and re-sale them for some extra college money.

So I asked around and hired a few friends to help me.

Plan:

At 2:30 pm this thursday, my friends and I (about 5 of us) are going to gather outside the entrance to our local electronics store in full snow gear (Its about 28 degrees F during the day and about -5 degrees during the night here). I already talked to the store director and he said it would be OK.

Stuff were bringing:

Playing cards, couple 24 packs, a crapload of taco bell (One guy works there and hes gona hook us up), and a portable butane heater.

At about 6:30 am Friday morning the store will start handing out tickets (All my friends and I will be the first to get them since we will be there first.)

At 7:00 am the store will open and I will buy a PS3 and give money to two of my friends to buy two other ps3's to give to me in the parking lot. (Theres a 1 per person limit, so to get more than 1 I brought the extra human friends)

I will take home the three PS3's and list each of them on ebay with a starting bid of $600 no reserve.

Once I get the money I will give each of my friends $100-$200 (Depending on how well the auctions do) as thanx for their help. Then I should have a lot more money than I started with.

I will post pics after I get back from it. (Im sure you guys would laugh hard seeing us freeze for PS3's)

Any comments or sugestions are welcome. ;)

i dont know if you'll actually be the first in line, theyre probably some jacked-up techy dad waiting in line before you with a tent and a folding chair

I dont think there will be anyone else waiting there all night based on a few factors:

-I live in an extremely small town. (Only around 6000 people)
-It is EXTREMELY cold at night... most people can't take prolonged cold like that.
-Most teenagers/geeks in my area are too lazy

Good idea, in theory but have you thought of other factors? What if the shipment is large, you will have to sell em for same or smaller price.The amount of money for the 24 packs and the butane = profit? You damaging your health by staying out in the cold!

IT's a good idea if you can get like 10 a month prior to release date! Then your in heaven, think of how many people want one before any one else! That happened to me with the XBOX360's, got em of a factory in Malaysia.

GOOD EXPERIENCE!

R1C0CH3T said:
i dont know if you'll actually be the first in line, theyre probably some jacked-up techy dad waiting in line before you with a tent and a folding chair

And a fat old man with a mustache and sunglasses that are darker on the top part of the lenses than on the bottom standing in front of him.

my brother is doing the same thing with me but we are leaving wednesday after school... he's got 1 pre-ordered and then we are gonna get 2 more on launch... try wal-mart that is what we are doing since they are 24/7 and indoor... Just camp out at the register in electronics..

Well, I already have the soda and butane. So that won't come out of the profit.

And with only 400,000 PS3's being released on the US and only 500,000 world wide. The PS3 is sure to be a global sell out with high demand.

ulater6000 said:
Well, I already have the soda and butane. So that won't come out of the profit.

And with only 400,000 PS3's being released on the US and only 500,000 world wide. The PS3 is sure to be a global sell out with high demand.

Yeah, here in Bakersfield, Circuit City will have 10, Best Buy will have 8, Target will have 3 and Wal-Mart will get 2. That's it.

My community is only getting 2-6 of them and I am gona try to get three.

I just hope none of my friends forgets to keep our plan a secret and lets it slip to the other people in line.

*I might sudenly be running for my life from a croud of blood thirsty PS3 fanboys*

lol- have fun camping...

But, yeah... I feel really sorry for those that spend crazy amounts of money on electronics items just because it was an original shipment.

I hope there is some kind of major malfunction with the first shipment and they all need to be RMA'ed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom