PS3 gonna run linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that interests me is how this may affect the mod scene for it. Who knows, maybe the PS3 will be the modders choice this go around ;)

I think sony should make their own version of linux or a completely new OS, they could also use a new OS exclusivly on sony computers, as long as it runs games like windows does.

they could make a new version of linux that has WINE integrated so that you can play all of your games. linux has advantages but its not as noob freindly as OSX infact its on the opposite end of te spectrum linux is for advanced users only, but if Sony does do something like that then it would be very interesting to see what happens

zmatt said:
they could make a new version of linux that has WINE integrated so that you can play all of your games. linux has advantages but its not as noob freindly as OSX infact its on the opposite end of te spectrum linux is for advanced users only, but if Sony does do something like that then it would be very interesting to see what happens

Linux CAN be fvor advanced users, but it is also for new users.

MrZucchiniHead said:
I think sony should make their own version of linux or a completely new OS, they could also use a new OS exclusivly on sony computers, as long as it runs games like windows does.

technically by definition they are/will be doing exactly that

by definition linux is just a kernel combined usually with the GPL toolset to form a toolchain which is the basis of the OS that conforms to POSIX standards

windows isnt really that great of a gaming platform, if software writers had their choice in the marketplace and got to pick the hardware and standards used, windows would not even be one of the choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom