Proud new owner of a GMail Account!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got one last night at about 6 p.m.

If you go to kevinrose.com, he has a thread there for gmail. Some people are just posting up all there invites there. I got lucky, someone had just posted some when I went there last night.

Just to clarify to guess123 and anarchy, you do not get "unlimited" invites. I have not gotten any yet to distribute, but from what I've heard, you get a certain number to distribute every once and a while. If there were "unlimited" invites, then there would be little point in keeping GMail in its beta stage. The way Google does it, they control how many invites can be sent. After an invite is used once, it expires and cannot be used again. Invites also expire after three weeks of creation.

qiranworms did you try the POP thing because I tried and I havent exactly got it to work so if you are going to do it tell me if it works and how you did it.

newguy4 said:
qiranworms did you try the POP thing because I tried and I havent exactly got it to work so if you are going to do it tell me if it works and how you did it.

I'm not going to try it, because it's a service not affiliated with Google. It looks legitimate, but I'm still hesitant about giving my password and login to them. I don't really want these passing through a server I don't know. Even if it is legit, they aren't professional (at least I don't think they are) and there could be bugs that could cause huge problems. Besides, I personally really like the web interface...I'd actually like to pick up my other POP and HTTP mail accounts in my GMail inbox...that would be perfect. The archiving thing, the search, etc. :)

And zip, I've added you to my list of people to invite as soon as I get invites.

newguy4 said:
where do you have to put in your password to them?

Don't you need a password to recieve mail? Somewhere or another, this server has to log on to your email account, and the POP client your using must supply the login information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom