Project Ideas

lmiller

Beta member
I work for a retirement community for senior citizens.
My boss gave me a three month review of my progress and gave me an assignment to manage my own I.T project.
He said it could be about whatever I want as long as it benefits either the employees or residents.
We have a nice facility that has a pub, pool table, movie theater, restaurant, and other community rooms.
My boss is willing to set aside some of our budget for this project.
I was hoping anybody can help me brain storm any project that would be useful or fun to any of the employess or residents.

I work for a retirement community for senior citizens.
My boss gave me a three month review of my progress and gave me an assignment to manage my own I.T project.
He said it could be about whatever I want as long as it benefits either the employees or residents.
We have a nice facility that has a pub, pool table, movie theater, restaurant, and other community rooms.
My boss is willing to set aside some of our budget for this project.
I was hoping anybody can help me brain storm any project that would be useful or fun to any of the employess or residents.

If you're looking for an IT Project then the options are pretty much limitless. Their is such a vast array of "Stuff" you could do I couldn't even mention it all in this thread. You need to have a look at IMO what you are working with as in the age range of the residents, how much you have to spend, and what skills they may have or may not have.

Do you want to set up a 10 Computer Network and teach the basics of Computers, or are we looking at something like building ECT:

A lot of elderly people do benefit from using the Internet but who's interested and who's not.

You could talk to the residents and find out what they would be interested in if anything or something or maybe a lot.

Actually sounds like a big responsibility TBH. You could purchase a number of used Computers for this like old Office IT Equipment and set them up. Bring in a tutor to give classes and maybe learn something like the Basics. Email, the Internet; that sort of thing.

Have a look at what you have available and decide with input from the residents were you want to go and what you want to do.

Back
Top Bottom