In progress of doing my history essay

Status
Not open for further replies.

john3

Banned
K, i have to do my essay and along the way im going to have some grammatical quesitons that i will need answered and would appreciate some help.

my first questoin is this

The Canadarm is an arm built by the Canadian Space Agency used to make it easier for astronauts to work around shuttles(;)(,) be it repairs, additions, or changes made to the shuttle

in that sentece is it proper to put a semicolon after shuttles or a comma?

I dont usually put smilies in my essays :p

There's no period. There should be a : after be it.

"...be it: bla bla bla"

questoin #2

Not only did this achievement give Canada recognition but it also helped Canadian skills in both the field of robotics and space exploration.

does that sound right? the part in the middle, what i mean to say is that it allowed more and more canadians to study in that field, not that it was needed it just......opened a window in a way.

Try this?

In addition to the recognition gained by this technological success, it has also helped studies and additional advancements in the robotics and space exploration fields.

Maybe?

k nevm i was a lil too late, and i already handed it in, i have a good feeling about it though, it took me 5 hours to do.

5 hours? That's not much...if you're in a higher grade level.

Soon, you'll get to spend the entire year making essays. I get to do this next year!!!

john3 said:

The Canadarm is an arm built by the Canadian Space Agency used to make it easier for astronauts to work around shuttles(;)(,) be it repairs, additions, or changes made to the shuttle

in that sentece is it proper to put a semicolon after shuttles or a comma?

a comma goes there. no colon. no semicolon.

it'd be better to say "The Canadarm is an arm built by the Canadian Space Agency used to make it easier for astronauts to make repairs, additions, or changes to the shuttle."

-edit- oh, you already turned it on. nevermind then. since you're in 10th grade, your teacher will probably be forgiving with punctuation in an unusual case like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom