Problem Statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

accesspoint

Solid State Member
Well i have a science project for my school and things taht interest me are no where near the stuff they show me in school. I am very original and i like to do things that no one else does if anyone can give me an idea on a problem statement having to do with computers tell me. I tried telling my teacher this "How does your monitor affect your eyes, considering the FPS, Gamma, and Brightness of your screen." but she didnt accept it so please help thx :).

email me if you'd like foreal@gmail.com thanks.

How 'bout doing a project where you have linux and windows on a same machine, and you give people all the passwords (see which one can be "oh-oh"-ed the fastest).. document the two machines browsing the internet, and see which one has more popups (Use the same browser, which would be probably mozilla or netscape, maybe IE emulated through WINE.)

Just some ideas i had. Maybe some sort of research seeing what it would cost to equip a linux machine with all SUN software, and a Windows Machine with all Microsoft Software.

Hmmm this sounds really interesting...

But ive never used linux i dont even know how windows and linux differ from each other and im not quite sure what this entails but it sound really cool can you explain this more in depths :) That would be great if you can.

Brief History Lesson:
"Linux is an operating system that was initially created as a hobby by a young student, Linus Torvalds, at the University of Helsinki in Finland."

Well, first off, you need to know what you want to compare. Obviously, the corporate user may need some of the advanced features, but let's take the average user.

Adobe Photoshop (most people i've seen used it only to crop pictures) vs.
GIMP (GNU Image Manipulation program)

Microsoft Office X vs. Star Office (open source and runs cross-platform and reads Office Files)

This isn't a computer science fair project, but I did it and won 1st place in 6th grade. We made a bottle rocket, and measured how far the rocket would go with different amounts of water. It was really, really fun. Problem was that we did all the experimenting at night in the middle of winter, so you can imagine how cold it would be. Note: This was done in Maryland.

how bout something on processors, and how they are structured, and the difference of cycles per minute, making like macs run fast with less mgz, as amd also. Just a suggestion, could be fun, but getting ur hands on some proccessors may be hard, hehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom