The Problem With Mutt

Status
Not open for further replies.

winblowz

In Runtime
I happen to like mutt... But I was sent some pictures and don't know what they look like.

When I try to open them, wow. The picture's text. amazing.

is there a visual application that will allow me to gain visual access to my sheel account from which I get my mail?

Can I do it in a browser?

thanks...

greatly appreciated.

where do the attachments go, if your on a linuxbox, assuming you are and running X use anything, try display <whatever_image_file_is> , that will use imagemagic to open it

if your in a console try seejpeg <whatever_image_is>

I'm running windows and logging into my shell account using putty. (ssh to be specific)

when I open the picture in mutt, I get code.

I managed to save the picture in /udd/m/myhomedir/docs/

and seejpeg isn't a supported command on the server I'm using.

Because its a public shell account server commands and program access is limited..

what can I do?

Is there a way I can download files from my home directory to my C:/docs&set or whatever?

thanks horndude!

:)

al

oooooooooh, how bout ftp'ing them somewhere else where you can get to them,Im assuming they are still on your shell accounts server? There's gotta be some way to get at them, either moving them into your windows box, or sending em somewhere else, can you email em somewhere else?Depends on what your shell account lets you do, some are pretty restrictive.What kind of commands does the shell account allow?

do you have another email account somewhere?use mutt to forward them somewhere else?I havent used mutt in a LONG time.

wow! I finally got my picture... which wasn't very exciting.

anyways, I viewed each individual attachment in mutt, and was able to save the attachments to my user account home folder. Then, I wrote a message to my gmail account and loaded the attachments from that folder. It worked!

Unfortunately I couldn't just forward the message....

the server I use doesn't have elm or pine...

thank you horndude!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom