Primus- Winona's Big Brown Beaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
deluxe.gif

I love how fake they look!

Yhea I went out to town today and picked up some of the the albums (I have only heard the above song and the south park intro). And they are odd but still quite cool I just watched another of the vid's in youtube called "All the puppies" and the lyrics are odd I am listening to one of the albums now while drunk and it is sooooooooo good.

hehehe

So, you are starting an interest in Primus?

Les Claypool is probably one of the best bassists i've heard. He has a few side projects.

Here are a few videos/or links you need to watch/visit if you like Les.

Oysterhead: Trey (from Phish), Stewart (from The Police), Les (from Primus)

Les Claypool - Bass solo

Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade (another side project)

Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains: Buckethead, Claypool, Bernie Worrell and Bryan Mantia.....(yet another side project)

There are other bassists that could compare to Claypool like Victor Wooten (From Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Bootsey Collins (From the P-Funk All-Stars....and the like :) ), Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers), etc.......but Les Claypool could probably be in the top 5 most talented bassists alive today.

The whole "strange costume" thing stemmed back from the Primus days (like in the video).....he does some weird ones.....but always fun to see.

Les Claypool - The picture here is one of my favorite costumes of his....from the first or sencond Bonnaroo festival.

from the first or sencond Bonnaroo festival.
You ever get to Bonnaroo, Mike? The Police are there this year. It's not too far from me, but I have no vacation time left and can't afford the admission.

I wish Trotter. I've seen a lot of the bands that used to go....but now it's grown into a "Bands I'd love to see again ++++ TONS of Indie Artists that are screaming to be heard" Now THAT'S a festival that i'd love to see. I really wish that I could go to one soon. I forgot that you are near the area :) You ever get around to peeking into one of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom