• Some other 2D fighting game...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know... :o

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meh, I'll give you my position as someone living in Canada

Bush has severed relationships between our two countries that will take a while to patch up now which could have otherwise been resolved relatively easily...in particular his policy on completely ignoring a countries soveriegnty

The big issue comes up with his refusal to follow NAFTA agreements and thus the violation of international treaty in regards to lumber tarriffs, and despite the fact that he said he'll fix it he hasn't taken any strides to do so. I do not appreciate him imposing requiring passports at the border at this point, and while I understand the reasoning, it complicates the entire process and basically voids our voice in the issue. I also do not appreciate the fact that they would not allow us to even transport beef through America several years ago after a case of mad cow was found here. I am also fed up with him completely spitting on our supreme court ruling of criminalization of marijuana being unconstitutional and thus threatening to close the border if we were to decriminalize the substance, something that should have been done with AGES ago

I also found it rather lame that it took him fives years to visit his #1 trading partner and the purpose of the visit was to thank us for allowing our airports to accept grounded planes on 9/11 which was four years ago

Living next to you is in some ways like sleeping with an elephant. No matter how friendly and even-tempered is the beast, if I can call it that, one is affected by every twitch and grunt.
That's a famous quote and I believe it comes to mind here, while I agree that Bush recieves a lot of undeserved crap it still doesn't change the fact that I do not like his foreign policies in regards to Canada, all of which have been nothing but terrible...I also must point out that it is not bush who is to blame and/or reward for every little action, it is the bush administration in general

As for same sex marriage and abortion and that crap I could care less...I fail to see how someone marrying someone of the same gender or choosing not to have a baby will have any effect on your life whatsoever, they're trivial issues that just need to be over and done with so you can focus on actual important issues...for example, you guys aren't going to be a superpower for long if your deficit keeps going down combined with China's economical growth

I am anti-Bush. I heavily disagree with his opinions on abortion, gay rights, marijuana, foreign policy, national defense, and NSA eaves-dropping. I don't want to start a flame war here tho, just want to post my opinion really.

jorsoft03 said:
I am anti-Bush. I heavily disagree with his opinions on abortion, gay rights, marijuana, foreign policy, national defense, and NSA eaves-dropping. I don't want to start a flame war here tho, just want to post my opinion really.

Im not flaming... I am just wondering how old you are, and what part of the United States you live in.

Well said gaara

According to my calculations, the US owes every Canadian 166 dollars over this lumber issue. Think, they violated the FTA costing us $5billion

And as for abortion and same sex, yes legalizing them is going to help other people, and not do anything to you. Their is nothing wrong with it.

The only thing "wrong" with abortion and same-sex marriage is that the church does not agree with it. You know, state and church are supposed to be SEPERATED.

bradybnmci said:
Im not flaming... I am just wondering how old you are, and what part of the United States you live in.
I am 18 and live in St. Paul, Minnesota.
DJ-CHRIS said:
According to my calculations, the US owes every Canadian 166 dollars over this lumber issue. Think, they violated the FTA costing us $5billion
Interesting fact, Dubya also owns stock in a lumber company...

^^^
Suprised that has never came up. He makes alot of nice financial descisions as a president.

I don't quite know why people keep saying "Only Bush can protect the US". Give any half competant man the US army/navy/air force to play with, and see how many countries he can invade :rolleyes:

The job of the president is not to micro-manage the army, but to decide how to use it in a macro scale. What did Bush do? Buddy goes and attacks Iraq when there are far more dangerous countries like Iran and N. Korea. Now the US is stuck with trillions in debt for no reason. You really think the "Iraq government" is going to be stable? :rolleyes:. It's a breeding ground for corruption.

And Canada is just fine without the US - with respect to terrorists. Obviously, not wrt the economy as Canada depends a lot on trade with the US.

Had Bush allowed more intelligence, the safety in the US would be much better. They are just wasting $$ on Iraq when there are many other countries that pose a bigger threat.

Yet ppl think Bush is doing an amazing job.

For one, I like this post, and I am surprised at the number of very well thought out replies. (This is a debate/discussion, not a flame war)
I voted for the president because to me, he was the better choice. The opposition party has done nothing to promote the debate over foreign or domestic affairs, only to shoot down ideas they do not agree with I would love to vote for someone that is closer to the center, but the sad truth is w/ the primaries deciding the 2 candidates, only hard core leftists, or rightist will be in play.
We saw how the democrats have treated global terror, 8 years of Clinton. Pres Clinton served our country well by not doing much of anything. That means nothing all that bad, and nothing all that great. This seems to be similar to more passive countries like Canada.
But we arenÂ’t Canadians; we are Americans, a deferent breed. We are the greatest country in the world. By that I mean we may take more, but we also give more.
The face of Europe would not be the same without a country (less than 200 years old) sacrificing hundreds of thousands of our bravest and best. 911 changed our country forever. We now know that others were at war w/ us, while we treated them as criminals, not soldiers. We must take actions to protect ourselves, and never settle for a reduced amount of terrorism, only complete removal. Even if this means a little inconvenience in our daily lives. This may never happen, but that’s why its called a “goal”, or “dream”.
On a final note, thank god for the Australia, they have stood by the US more so than any other country. I think it has to do w/ our similar founding histories.

That's bull we would be fine without you.
speculation at best.

Dont think it as if the US just disappeared from your border today. You gotta consider the impact over the last couple hundred years and such and how things might have been different if say the US was only ever a minor power or even third world country or something.

EITHER WAY, that's basically why I got rid of that 'BLAME CANADA" joke as a kid because I realized I'd rather go to canada than mexico lol. Canadians are just kind of up there, minding their own business and just kind of 'chilling' I guess you could say, so that's pretty cool.

It is lame how the US starts getting into canadian affairs over crap we shouldnt, especially the whole legalization of marijuana, that's just ridiculous.

But it's also like I've said, 2008 comes around it'll be someone new to take the blame for everything so count the days until then.

There needs to be a "So-So" option in this poll as I don't think he's doing 100% bad nor 100% good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom