preparing insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powerslave

Banned
[SNIPPED]

It's been over 5 months now and I haven't played a single f**cking pc game, let alone do anything I 'want' to do on a computer. I'm going insane. Christmas is the supposed date when I get a new PC, but it's not even the pc I really want. It's just midrange everything, I know I sound ungrateful but it's driving me off the walls. I really want that new ATI card but the total for everything is 1,600 dollars, and the only high end thing in it is the ati card.

Im trying to convince them that I will barely have to upgrade it. But who am I kidding, an AMD 3000+ cpu will have to be upgraded in at least a year and a half.

anyone else know what it's like having a great era of computer depression?

DJ-CHRIS said:
Why cannot you play games right now, what are your specs?

my main computer is broken, and I do not have my restore disks to fix it.

And this comp I'm on is a laptop with these specs

intel celeron 2.8 ghz, probobly just as fast as a 1.8 ghz p4
256 mb ram
no graphics card
no sound card

and to top it off it's not mine and I can't put games on it.

Quit complaining...my parents would laugh in my face if I asked them to buy me a computer for a present, whether it be a $5000 one or a $50 one

If you actually work for your own money you can start to appreciate just how difficult it is to manage finances

gaara said:
Quit complaining...my parents would laugh in my face if I asked them to buy me a computer for a present, whether it be a $5000 one or a $50 one

If you actually work for your own money you can start to appreciate just how difficult it is to manage finances

finding a job where I live is really not that easy. Most jobs you have to be 18, and I'm not.

Put yourself in my spot and you'll se why I'm complaining.

No...you have absolutely no reason to complain about anything...you're getting something for free and you're saying it's not good enough

gaara said:
No...you have absolutely no reason to complain about anything...you're getting something for free and you're saying it's not good enough

Thank you.

I don't know what you're complaining about. If I want anything for my computer and/or gaming console-wise I have to buy it with my own money. My parents don't even pay for our DSL...my brother does. Again, you have nothing to complain about.

I'm currently playing on my desktop...specs are as follow.

Intel P3 933Mhz
512mb of PC133 SDRAM
Geforce FX5200 Ultra 128mb running in 4x mode
IBM Hitachi 7,200RPM 80gb ATA100 blablabla

you get the point. It's all low end; however, I can run most modern games without any trouble at all.

Star Wars Galaxies - No problem
Americas Army - No problem
Knights of the Old Republic - No problem
Republic Commando - No problem (notice a certian theme? :) )

I have the money to upgrade; however, I'm soon going to have to buy a car and pay for my insurance. Nope, my parents don't buy their kids cars nor do they pay for their insurance. I also know the value of a dollar.

The value of a dollar is a dollar. Duhhh.

Yes, if I do see a penny on the ground I pick it up. :p

Nowadays, it's atleast a quarter earned, but good luck trying to get someone to pay your a quarter just to pick up a penny. People have no morals. Of course, if people did have morals then we wouldn't need money or laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom