Potentially the longest thread in history...

Hey did that RAM work?

Ah! To update that, no it didn't. Nothing seemed to work and as a last resort I had them take the entire thing apart, take everything out of the case, and then reinstall it all again.

It works now. ARGH.

Still, the spare 2200G and 8GB will be used to "side-grade" Abi's machine as they're on an i7-2700. It'll probably be about the same performance but significantly lower wattage and more stable.

I believe there's a minimum post count before you can make new threads, i.e. you need to contribute before you can make new threads.

I can't contribute until I know how to post. Could you explain how to do so? I see no “post” icon anywhere. Does “send message” mean the same thing, because I tried that and it did not work? Thanks!!!

thats about it lol

i think schools need to be more focused towards the real world
im having to do my own taxes right now and guess what??? i have no clue what i am doing

but i can tell you the plot to macbeth, and the process of translation/transfusion, but guess where that gets me??? no ****ing where

when i brought this up to my teachers they all saaid "well they make special business classes that should tell you more about taxes and what not"

Taxes is something everyone in this country (well legals) has to deal with, so why not make that something mandatory to learn?
now Biology had to of been the most worthless class ive ever heard of as 100% of my class could care less about it and will 99% likely never to use it again
so why not make that an optional class????
Wow. As a former Biology teacher that was just what I wanted to hear. I have had numerous students become nurses, pharmacists, biology teachers, anesthetists, pharmacy techs, and related fields of health and medicine. Biology is so fascinating that I deal with the subject everyday and I retired from education 30 years ago. Became a firefighter for 21+ years. I can guarantee you that firefighting is not boring either. You must have had one boring Biology teacher.
Find BBC's “The Hunt” or their series “Planet Earth” narrated by David Attenborough. If that bores you then the problem does not lie with the field of Biology.

Ok, I figured it out. Had to go to “New Member Introductions” first. Kind of weird. Hope I son't have to do this every-time. This forum is kind of buggy and set up in a slighty non-user friendly manner. Why do I always have to log in three times?!!
Thanks Yami and Kiera!!!!

Do I need to introduce myself before I qualify to post??!

Hi Kiera. Any idea how many posts one must post before they can post? I know that question sounds counter-intuitive. That's what I mean when I say this forum is kind of screwy.

Hi Sticky. Thanks for the welcome! If the techs and experts on the Techist forum can help me I will be very happy.
Is there a place that I can access to determine if my messages were transmitted and received before they are accepted and published? Or do I just have to wait and wonder if my contributions are actually being captured and processed? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Sticky. Thanks for the welcome! If the techs and experts on the Techist forum can help me I will be very happy.
Is there a place that I can access to determine if my messages were transmitted and received before they are accepted and published? Or do I just have to wait and wonder if my contributions are actually being captured and processed? Thanks!

Welcome aboard. I have approved your post. It was automatically moderated because 1) you are a new(er) member, and 2) it had "iphone" in the body of the post (we had to make it a trigger word to cut down on fly-by spamming). But now it is sorted and you should be good to go.

Been a while since I've been on here. A few things have changed for me :tongue:

Was offered two promotions during my yearly review: One on the HPC team and one as a radar systems engineer.

Took the radar systems engineer spot working for Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (now Raytheon Missiles and Defense) in Japan as a DoD contractor working on missile defense systems (specifically AN/TPY-2) with USFJ and JSDF. Massive, massive pay raise.

So I'm moving to Japan once this COVID-19 thing is over! The company is paying for housing, utilities, my car, all the major expenses. It's going to be wonderful.

Been a while since I've been on here. A few things have changed for me :tongue:

Was offered two promotions during my yearly review: One on the HPC team and one as a radar systems engineer.

Took the radar systems engineer spot working for Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (now Raytheon Missiles and Defense) in Japan as a DoD contractor working on missile defense systems (specifically AN/TPY-2) with USFJ and JSDF. Massive, massive pay raise.

So I'm moving to Japan once this COVID-19 thing is over! The company is paying for housing, utilities, my car, all the major expenses. It's going to be wonderful.
Raytheon talent acquisition hit me up about a Sys Admin position in AZ a couple months ago but I had to let it go.

Dang, shoulda come over. It's a wonderful place to work! And Tucson isn't half bad.

Back
Top Bottom