Potentially the longest thread in history...

A work in progress.

I have a 3+1 monitor stand coming in the day after Christmas. I plan on mounting these three in this configuration and having a fourth monitor centered up top for things like TeamSpeak, Discord, Procon, monitoring widgets, etc. For now I will be using my old NCR MultiSync 19" for the fourth one that's it face down in the foreground).

Attachments

• IMG_20191224_133815[1].jpg
    IMG_20191224_133815[1].jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 3
I worked a 12hr shift on Christmas for double time and a half. Very enjoyable day to myself if I'm being honest.

Alright, the monitor stand is up and the screens are installed and (mostly) adjusted. I may eventually go with another widescreen up top but the NEC 19" works for now.

Now to see if the offer of letting me order some hardware upgrades is still viable...

Attachments

• IMG_20191227_221244[1].jpg
    IMG_20191227_221244[1].jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 2
Now to see if the offer of letting me order some hardware upgrades is still viable...

What do you know, I got the go-ahead for the upgrades.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
ASRock X570 EXTREME4 WiFi AX X570 Motherboard
CORSAIR RM650 Fully Modular Power Supply (I want to get rid of the ketchup/mustard power cables once and for all)

and a set of 2x4GB DDR4 to use in my current CPU/mobo for my wife's computer.

Looking at downsizing my PC when I next upgrade. I've removed all the SATA devices from my rig so I have a single NVMe SSD (moved my HDDs and old SATA SSD to my VM machine), meaning the case is very empty.

I don't make use of half the slots on my machine so will probably go mATX when I eventually move to Ryzen, and move to a smaller case either the same time or not long after.

That said, just moving to a 2070 Super and getting the new SSD has really breathed new life into my machine. I enjoy gaming again!

Some day I'd like to redo my desktop into a mini-ITX build. I'm kinda grown out of the big desktop builds, and would like something compact. I'm not at my computer desk much nowadays, so saving space would be nice - and the ability to move it to my entertainment center would be cool, too.

Scary that I have not logged into this site in over 3 years, and the last three user posts on this thread i recognize. You people still around? haha

Scary that I have not logged into this site in over 3 years, and the last three user posts on this thread i recognize. You people still around? haha

Some. Not as many as there used to be but we get an odd old member *cough, cough* dropping in now and then.

What do you know, I got the go-ahead for the upgrades.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
ASRock X570 EXTREME4 WiFi AX X570 Motherboard
CORSAIR RM650 Fully Modular Power Supply (I want to get rid of the ketchup/mustard power cables once and for all)

and a set of 2x4GB DDR4 to use in my current CPU/mobo for my wife's computer.

The current status. Still trying to decide if I am going to upgrade my graphics card or not.

IMG-20200125-182924-1.jpg

Some. Not as many as there used to be but we get an odd old member *cough, cough* dropping in now and then.
You're making me feel old at that. I joined this forum when I was 16, and now I'm 27!

That's a gorgeous setup you've got going there, by the way, very nice.

Back
Top Bottom