Potentially the longest thread in history...

I'm a "subject matter expert" so I get dragged into a lot of things to inform people. Policies and procedures, maaaan :tongue: Definitely less technical and more procedural. A month or so ago I spent weeks in meetings about Linux encryption and audit policies and their performance impacts when running on realtime kernels, for example. Fun times
Tbf this was what I was supposed to be doing at Lockheed. We see how that went.

After hearing all of Trotter's horror stories, I'm forever staying away from jobs that require large amounts of "field work". All that driving would kill me.

After hearing all of Trotter's horror stories, I'm forever staying away from jobs that require large amounts of "field work". All that driving would kill me.

This shouldn't be too bad, everything is within 30 miles of head office and very little responding to calls beyond 4pm.

Personally I wouldn't take it in general, but also I'd take anything that isn't your current job given how you've described it.

Agree you all I think.Yeah pretty much what I am thinking too. I think an extra 500 bucks a month to spend on **** would not make me enough subjectively happier to be worth all the extra agro the new job would have over my current one.

My cousin is on a plane first class 5 days a week. And I said cool I've never flown first class must be nice. And she said it was hell, no mamosa or robin leech, legroom has work stuff in it and laptop is in front entire flight hammering out tps reports and spreadsheets whatever work.

Her job was ridiculous. I hate to say it because she's my little cuz but by her own volitian, the job was to fly to a hospital and give a speech pitching equipment the executives were already going to by.

She has an attractive face and body, knows nothing of how the machines are made, operated, or any of the science behind it.

Check writers in audience are 100% male baby boomers and older looking at her like meat, and she has been number one in these sales for North America, not just her company all of it 5 years or something in a row.

It's crazy, yay humans. I'm moderately attractive male working blue collar and IT on the side fml.

Last edited:
I love the parts of my job that require me to travel :p I get reimbursed at a much higher rate than what I pay for my fuel, I don't have to take calls or other jobs while I'm driving. It's basically being paid a relative buttload to sit and do nothing in transit from A to B, do some easy work at site B, then get paid again to sit on my butt for the trip back. What's not to like!

And hey don't phrase it as 500 bucks a month, try $6000 extra a year. That's not a figure you sneeze out every day.
Also, your current job is doing zilch for your career. Srsly. Easy, laid back, non-challenging = stagnating m8, get moving.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom