Potentially the longest thread in history...

Jesus wept Netanyahu's handling of Gaza ceasefire talks with Hamas and PIJ through the Egyptians is one of the most embarrassing international diplomacy events I have ever witnessed. Has this guy ever heard of "don't deal with terrorists". There is a B I G reason the USA and UK etc take this stance. Smh.

He literally conceded and gave Hamas exactly what they asked for, and then surprising noone except apparently Netanyahu's the PJI and Hamas have now came back and said "Actually we want way more concessions, and if you don't agree we will fire long range rockets at Tel Aviv". Shocker!..not.

First night back on night shift. Love this shift - I can spend it as productively or as wastefully as I want, for two weeks and a weekend, and then I get a week off gratis.

First night back on night shift. Love this shift - I can spend it as productively or as wastefully as I want, for two weeks and a weekend, and then I get a week off gratis.

You up?

Been on the drink again lately. Past couple of weeks.

Boys. Boys. Anyone their. What happened to my perfect life. Its a pure shambles. Woke up shaking for a drink on Saturday and couldn't even make a cigaret I was trembling so bad.

Women are such a ****ing head ****. I cant deal with being an empath and dealing with women at the same time. I'm too open and easy to manipulate. Its just abuse all the time.

Been on the drink since December the 25th. The rattle is WOW. Its like something you have never felt before. Its just their a constant shaking. From your core on the inside. Hands body torso feet. everything just shakes.

Sweating for fun is like WTF. The sweat is unreal. I have never sweated anything like it. Its just buckets of sweat at the slightest temperature change.

I have not even interacted with my network or looked on gumtree in over 4 months for new and exciting equipment.

I've lost all interest.

F knows.

Yeah as someone with no commitments (or at least ones I can move) I could see night shift being awesome. I was allowed to move my start time earlier with my promotion so now I do 6:30-2:30, way better than the 8-4 I was doing before, there's so much time for activities! Plus nobody really gets in till 7:30, so free hour in the morning :p

My friend had a night job at a factory the STIHL plant or however its spelled. They are known for there chainsaws I think but the make a lot of small engine tools. My friend spent all night every night putting the fuel lines on leaf blowers without gloves until his hands started callousing up and he quit. He is more of a social butterfly than me and said he had to sleep all day when everyone is awake then work all night, didn't see any friends or women and was starting to lose it, not for him.

I never had a night job but it seems cool to me. I like night time and always up at night anyway might as well earn pay instead of be internet zombie all night.

I did night shift at DHL. It was half good, half bad. The upside is no office staff, so just sit there watching films and crap. The bad side was the fact that the distribution center was very busy at night as that is when all the flights landed (this was a DHL cargo hub at an airport), which meant 500+ staff in the warehouse scanning parcels and all sorts. So it meant 20 or 30 calls a night involving walking through the warehouse in the cold and wind, it was dirty as hell and very noisy too. Also on the rare occassion the servers that control the conveyors had a problem it was VERY stressful as the entire operation comes to a stop until you fixed it. I was only a junior at the time so that responsibility often fell on the Senior engineer who was on call. But it still sucked on the couple of times it happened.

The amount of very expensive barcode scanners that place went through was insane. They were the motorola ones that cost about £1500 each. I'd say we had to replace 2 or 3 a day. They were rugged, well made and reliable. But nothing can stand up to being crushed by a forklift or having oil spilt all over it.

Last edited:
Yeah as someone with no commitments (or at least ones I can move) I could see night shift being awesome. I was allowed to move my start time earlier with my promotion so now I do 6:30-2:30, way better than the 8-4 I was doing before, there's so much time for activities! Plus nobody really gets in till 7:30, so free hour in the morning :p

This is what I do. 6:30-3:30 9/80 schedule. The on Fridays are 6:30-2:30 and every other Friday off. It's wonderful

~1.5 hours in the morning to work on admin stuff, 8-12 is meetings most days, and 12-3:30 is working on stuff presented at said meetings. Sometimes lunch.

Rinse, repeat.

Jesus wept that amount of time in meetings ? What a goddamn waste of an IT engineers time. Don't you have like 10+ industry qualifications that you could be putting to good use rather than sat in a room spinning a pen around and nodding at people ? :lol:

I'm a "subject matter expert" so I get dragged into a lot of things to inform people. Policies and procedures, maaaan :tongue: Definitely less technical and more procedural. A month or so ago I spent weeks in meetings about Linux encryption and audit policies and their performance impacts when running on realtime kernels, for example. Fun times

I'm a "subject matter expert" so I get dragged into a lot of things to inform people. Policies and procedures, maaaan :tongue: Definitely less technical and more procedural. A month or so ago I spent weeks in meetings about Linux encryption and audit policies and their performance impacts when running on realtime kernels, for example. Fun times

Oh. Cant they just Google “Linux encyrption performance impacts” and let you get on with hands on work 😆

Back
Top Bottom