Potentially the longest thread in history...

That sucks :/ there was a list on wiki I found last year, I found it extremely worthwhile to consciously recognize each of these distortions as a potential influencer of my thoughts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_distortion
Doesn't help a bad situation get better, but did help in recognizing where I was making a bad situation worse.

Reading through that I would say I am guilty of:

• Catastrophizing
  • Mental filtering
  • Fallacy of fairness

I'm gonna get straight to the point.

Can anyone tell me what the symptoms of alcohol withdraw are from experience being around this or general knowledge. Not by doing a Google search.

Can anyone tell me what the symptoms of alcohol withdraw are from experience being around this or general knowledge. Not by doing a Google search.

Not had it myself but I heard it's pretty awful and feels like you're going to die if you are having severe withdrawal symptoms.

That sucks :/ there was a list on wiki I found last year, I found it extremely worthwhile to consciously recognize each of these distortions as a potential influencer of my thoughts.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cognitive_distortion
Doesn't help a bad situation get better, but did help in recognizing where I was making a bad situation worse.
Yea I'm well aware of these and guilty of probably all of them at some point in my life. Problem is, there's no real correlation to my current situation. I mean you could shoestring it but really just a lot of things out of my control hitting at once.

Varies by person honestly. My withdraw summer of 2017 varied between total rage anger to crying like a baby depression.

Extremely irritated and angry at even the smallest things. Like if I said dinner's ready at 5:30 and it's 5:31 and the fam are still mucking around I'd be ****ing furious, feel like tossing the spaghetti pot through the window. Found it very hard to stay calm.

Yea I'm well aware of these and guilty of probably all of them at some point in my life. Problem is, there's no real correlation to my current situation. I mean you could shoestring it but really just a lot of things out of my control hitting at once.
Yeah I understand that, the correlation tho is to how/what you think about a situation, not to the situation itself.

Extremely irritated and angry at even the smallest things. Like if I said dinner's ready at 5:30 and it's 5:31 and the fam are still mucking around I'd be ****ing furious, feel like tossing the spaghetti pot through the window. Found it very hard to stay calm.

Varies by person honestly. My withdraw summer of 2017 varied between total rage anger to crying like a baby depression.

Not had it myself but I heard it's pretty awful and feels like you're going to die if you are having severe withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks for that Guys. That helps a lot. Thats why I asked from own experience and personal knowledge. A Google search wouldn't of cut it.

Yeah I understand that, the correlation tho is to how/what you think about a situation, not to the situation itself.
Yea I said that because my thoughts on the situation are simply it is what it is. Nothing I can do but move forward. I know at the end of the day losing my job was my fault regardless of circumstance, I knew that getting into another decent position was going to be extremely difficult, and I knew I would lose my house because of it.
Losing my son was also my fault because if I did things a little differently it wouldn't have happened. (That ticks off the what if technically, but realistically it's the truth rather than a complete what if situational thought process. I was too forthcoming with information to a sadistic mother.)
My relationship ticks off a ton of those boxes and we even discussed that last night. I mean if you call it a relationship at this point. I'm bothered by it sure, but the other stresses are what's getting me. My drive to keep going was my kid, and since he's not in my posession all that motivation has ceased. My depression kicked in hard, I'm out of pills, I can't get anymore, and it's a downhill slope from there.

The other night she had a gun pulled on her and I freaked out and had a panic attack when she told me. The only good news so far for me is I got my Mustang going again and got to drive it yesterday. Then I locked my keys in my car 40 minutes away from home with no help and no spare. I'm unemployed, didn't need to be spending 124 bucks for somebody to slimjim my car. Luckily the guy was nice and put my Focus on the receipt so my insurance should cover it. That triggered another panic attack. Cold hit hard within minutes and my jacket was in my car. Temps dropped in less than 30 minutes from 62f to 31f with freezing rain coming down and a wind chill in the 20s.

Since the beginning of the year I've had nothing but kick to the nuts after kick to the nuts outside of my relationship. That's why when he asked I simply put no, I'm not ok because I'm not. Every little thing that hits me makes it worse, and I have no motivation to make it better.

At this point I'm just really glad I haven't hit the alcohol. I really can't be spending that kind of money to be drunk constantly.

Last edited:
I want a 2nd M2 SSD but it drops my PCI-E down to x8 :( :( :( :( ****ing gay.

Yea I said that because my thoughts on the situation are simply it is what it is. Nothing I can do but move forward. I know at the end of the day losing my job was my fault regardless of circumstance, I knew that getting into another decent position was going to be extremely difficult, and I knew I would lose my house because of it.
Losing my son was also my fault because if I did things a little differently it wouldn't have happened. (That ticks off the what if technically, but realistically it's the truth rather than a complete what if situational thought process. I was too forthcoming with information to a sadistic mother.)
My relationship ticks off a ton of those boxes and we even discussed that last night. I mean if you call it a relationship at this point. I'm bothered by it sure, but the other stresses are what's getting me. My drive to keep going was my kid, and since he's not in my posession all that motivation has ceased. My depression kicked in hard, I'm out of pills, I can't get anymore, and it's a downhill slope from there.

The other night she had a gun pulled on her and I freaked out and had a panic attack when she told me. The only good news so far for me is I got my Mustang going again and got to drive it yesterday. Then I locked my keys in my car 40 minutes away from home with no help and no spare. I'm unemployed, didn't need to be spending 124 bucks for somebody to slimjim my car. Luckily the guy was nice and put my Focus on the receipt so my insurance should cover it. That triggered another panic attack. Cold hit hard within minutes and my jacket was in my car. Temps dropped in less than 30 minutes from 62f to 31f with freezing rain coming down and a wind chill in the 20s.

Since the beginning of the year I've had nothing but kick to the nuts after kick to the nuts outside of my relationship. That's why when he asked I simply put no, I'm not ok because I'm not. Every little thing that hits me makes it worse, and I have no motivation to make it better.

At this point I'm just really glad I haven't hit the alcohol. I really can't be spending that kind of money to be drunk constantly.

Sorry to hear all that crap you have endured man. Hopefully it is onwards and upwards from here on out for you.

Back
Top Bottom