Potentially the longest thread in history...

I mean come on, a NORMAL cut of angus beef can already be all sorts of ridiculous crazy good :p I can only imagine the heights that wagyu takes it to. From googling only, the general consensus seems to be that japanese wagyu can have a higher fat content, but almost to the point that trying to eat a *whole* A5 grade jap wagyu steak would be sickly for most - i.e at what point are you literally just consuming an almost pure block of fat. Idk if that means it's better tbh. Personally I'd want something that I could keep eating like a normal pile of steaks, still would like to try both at some point tho :lol:

Also decided I'd better give the dry aging a try with a cheaper cut first lol, gonna do a standard bone in ribeye n see how much it affects the tenderness and flavour. I'll be using the Serious Eats guide to do it, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
I mean come on, a NORMAL cut of angus beef can already be all sorts of ridiculous crazy good :p I can only imagine the heights that wagyu takes it to. From googling only, the general consensus seems to be that japanese wagyu can have a higher fat content, but almost to the point that trying to eat a *whole* A5 grade jap wagyu steak would be sickly for most - i.e at what point are you literally just consuming an almost pure block of fat. Idk if that means it's better tbh. Personally I'd want something that I could keep eating like a normal pile of steaks, still would like to try both at some point tho :lol:

Also decided I'd better give the dry aging a try with a cheaper cut first lol, gonna do a standard bone in ribeye n see how much it affects the tenderness and flavour. I'll be using the Serious Eats guide to do it, fingers crossed!

I am just basing everything I know on the Sous Vide Everything and Guga Foods YouTube channel. The Sous Vide Everything especially is a really great, entertaining channel for meat lovers, even if you don't sous vide yourself. Guga and Ninja are entertaining as hell to watch :lol:

Guga is awesome, his videos are what inspired me to get some good quality beef :p couldn't stand just watching him squirm away on camera every time he cooked up a wagyu steak haha

Discovered last night if I set my 4K monitor to 1080P, it will run at a native 120Hz. I think I knew this when I bought it and just completely forgot. So that's pretty great, as it means for twitch shooters like CSGO and Apex Legends I can put it in 1080P 120HZ mode, and then for slower games where I care more about graphics such as Metro and Witcher I can keep it in 4K 60Hz. Surprisingly it doesn't look like complete *** in 1080P, the TV's inbuilt upscaler works quite well.

Back
Top Bottom