Potentially the longest thread in history...

^ My brother's still using an Antec PSU from when I had an old Antec 900 case. Waaaaaayyyyy back in the day. It's survived four computer upgrades. I'm thoroughly impressed :tongue:

Lol, not bad going.

And in other news... the ****ing gaming monitor market is the biggest joke and con in the entire world of consumer electronics. Seriously there should be some EU wide investigation into the market just like how they like to penalise Google and Apple for **** they do. Every gaming monitor is basically complete **** in at least once aspect. The £500 TN Dells have super bad color banding issues, the Acer/Asus IPS panels are extremely poor quality control so most have terrible blb and glow. The new 4K 144Hz HDR are just fake as far as I am concerned, because they can't even do what they say without serious shortcomings like droping from 4:4:4 or limiting the refresh rate. Oh and they have a really loud crap fan. And let's not even get into the whole price issue, being that they are all WAY WAY overpriced. You only need to see that you can get a 65" OLED TV for the same amount of money as a 4K IPS 27" monitor to realise gamers are getting a good ****ing over.

Last edited:
I mean, arn't the majority of them all made by Superflower anyway ?

I think it's safe to say that there are more than 3 good brands of PSU. Now, personally I still have a preference for Corsair just because of their warranty policy and such.

THAT SAID

I had a base model 450W Corsair PSU, and that thing was ****ty ****ty ****ty. The fan was loud and always running, and I had a few BSODs, I never directly confirmed it was the PSU though. I took the 860W Seasonic out of my old PC (I forgot I had it, hence bought the 450W Corsair originally - lol fail) and it's been faultless since. I mean the Seasonic was about 6x the price and massively overkill for a GTX 1060 and Ryzen 3 but still.
No, not all of them have a Superflower OEM. Corsair is using CWT for the majority of their line with the AXi being the Flextronics exception (and some Seasonic in there too).
eVGA uses Super Flower pretty much their entire high end, a couple Seasonic for the middle ground and HEC for a lot of the lower end stuff (although things like the B3 are Super Flower too which my 450W B3 powered dual 7950GX2, a GTX 295 under water, and a high clocked 2500k without turning the fan on lol).
NZXT use FSP and Superflower.
Seasonic is of course straight Seasonic.
Thermaltake are pulling from a bunch of companies but the majority seems to be CWT and FSP for the higher end.

I stick to the 3 brands because I can always guarantee when buying their top stuff I'm getting quality. I moved to eVGA because of a 10 year warranty, but some of Seasonic's stuff is now carrying a 15 year warranty I believe. I almost stopped caring about Corsair's line of PSUs when they started doing the rehashes.

I put one of their VS450s in my buddies machine when I built it. It's holding up fine to a Xeon 1240V5 and 970. I honestly have no idea why I made such a full fledged response to this :lol: Guess I'm bored.

^ My brother's still using an Antec PSU from when I had an old Antec 900 case. Waaaaaayyyyy back in the day. It's survived four computer upgrades. I'm thoroughly impressed :tongue:
Antec's old High Current line from back in those days was all Seasonic so doesn't surprise me. Some of their higher end EarthWatts PSUs were also Seasonic Focus Gold platforms. Their newer stuff all appears to be CWT sourcing same as Thermaltake and Corsair.

Lol, not bad going.

And in other news... the ****ing gaming monitor market is the biggest joke and con in the entire world of consumer electronics. Seriously there should be some EU wide investigation into the market just like how they like to penalise Google and Apple for **** they do. Every gaming monitor is basically complete **** in at least once aspect. The £500 TN Dells have super bad color banding issues, the Acer/Asus IPS panels are extremely poor quality control so most have terrible blb and glow. The new 4K 144Hz HDR are just fake as far as I am concerned, because they can't even do what they say without serious shortcomings like droping from 4:4:4 or limiting the refresh rate. Oh and they have a really loud crap fan. And let's not even get into the whole price issue, being that they are all WAY WAY overpriced. You only need to see that you can get a 65" OLED TV for the same amount of money as a 4K IPS 27" monitor to realise gamers are getting a good ****ing over.
The drop downs are a limitation from DP actually. I believe there is a fix coming for those 2 monitors to run full fledged 1.4. Also requires the DP firmware update for Nvidia cards. Once this is has all been finalized the monitors should be able to run 144Hz 4k 4:4:4 no prob. The screens are specc'd for it for sure, just down to bandwidth limitations like it's been for a while now.

I've had this fly in my house for the past week. Despite trying to kill it a dozen times I've failed. Its got my head boxed.

Keeps flying around the TV and landing on my legs.

In other news: I think I've turned in that Guy. You know the Guy who lives a secluded paranoid life hiding behind his technology.

Seriously tho I'm not the type of person to troll people or do anything illegal or owt like that:

BUT:

When I look at the younger generations like millennial's its just so depressing the world we live in. Millenial's don't know a world of piece. Everything on the news is politics and austerity. Murder Rape Etc:

I mean I get the advancement of technology but to have you phone in your pocket and actually in this day have something what is actually called detachment anxiety is the sad reality of the world we live in.

Their are so many examples I could give I don't even know were to begin. I remember playing in the street until 9.30PM when I was a child playing tag but now you have the X Box and PSs everyone has a phone.

I love technology you Guys know that but the distant relationship between man and even the likes of your nabours on FB is just an ever widening gap with technology.

No one talks anymore. People just stare in to their screens. I haven't seen day light proper in over three months. I know I'm a prime example and I'm not perfect but I often wounder just whats happening out their. You are fed the political propaganda by the media, the storeys they want you to see, vote the way they want you to vote. People don't trust no more. people are angry and hateful. Selfish and nasty.

Does anyone remember c0rr0sive we are a dying breed on tf.. I would have to dig out the permalink but even he noticed it.

Maybe its just me and the fact I'm tired tonight but when you cant sleep on a night and only during the day because of med problems and then Meds on top. I don't think I have had a proper uplifting conversation with someone in about 10 years. I haven't seen anyone in over a week I know that so yeah I've turned in to that Guy. :( ..

In other news: I think I've turned in that Guy. You know the Guy who lives a secluded paranoid life hiding behind his technology.

Seriously tho I'm not the type of person to troll people or do anything illegal or owt like that:

I love technology you Guys know that but the distant relationship between man and even the likes of your nabours on FB is just an ever widening gap with technology.

No one talks anymore. People just stare in to their screens. I haven't seen day light proper in over three months. I know I'm a prime example and I'm not perfect but I often wounder just whats happening out their. You are fed the political propaganda by the media, the storeys they want you to see, vote the way they want you to vote. People don't trust no more. people are angry and hateful. Selfish and nasty.

Does anyone remember c0rr0sive we are a dying breed on tf.. I would have to dig out the permalink but even he noticed it.

Maybe its just me and the fact I'm tired tonight but when you cant sleep on a night and only during the day because of med problems and then Meds on top. I don't think I have had a proper uplifting conversation with someone in about 10 years. I haven't seen anyone in over a week I know that so yeah I've turned in to that Guy. :( ..

I don't understand why you don't get a job in IT somewhere. You seem to really like the tech, and it'll help you get out of the house and meet new people. I'd go stir crazy without my job. :tongue:

And people are still social. Me and my girlfriend have DnD, happy hours with her co-workers, regular get together with friends (multiple times a week), etc.

People usually choose the path of least resistance, and technology has aided in that -- Why go to someone's house to socialize when you can text message them? Not saying either is bad, it's just a matter of putting yourself out there and socializing. It's something you actively have to do rather than just sitting in front of a computer all day. It requires more effort, so less people do it.

I want a >144Hz 2560x1440 >32" monitor. Money is (almost) no object.

Anyone have a recommendation?
I currently have an X34 Predator, but I've grown tired of it :tongue: And i would like to get into the super high framerate game. This one's 100hz.

I currently have an X34 Predator, but I've grown tired of it :tongue: And i would like to get into the super high framerate game. This one's 100hz.

Screw gaming and 100+ hertz. If I were going for a money no object monitor id have my eyes on the Dell 31.5” 8K beast.

HaHa, I just noticed that the main Web Page on the forums says Techist Forums and not Tech Forums..

How slow.

:p ..

Last edited:

Screw gaming and 100+ hertz. If I were going for a money no object monitor id have my eyes on the Dell 31.5” 8K beast.
>High frame rate
>8k
>:neutral:

iFargle, here you go.
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LC32HG70QQNXZA-C32HG70-32-Inch-Monitor/dp/B06XT6WQCJ

For higher refresh you would need to drop to 27", for higher res 27" and 144hz cap.

God man. Am so laid back and just such a dude. I don't even need to put the heating on in this place. Why? Because the temperatures rising. :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom