Potentially the longest thread in history...

I mean, perspective has nothing to do with trying to argue population statistics by citing anecdotal individual cases, which ironically are included in the average statistic already lol.
But yes we definitely do have different perspectives, which you view as some all-dividing thing for some reason when it's exactly the opposite IMO; talking to someone with a different perspective is how you both can learn a new viewpoint on something, *if you're not approaching it with an obstinate "I'm not gonna change cause I'm already right" attitude which seems to be your MO :p

I mean, perspective has nothing to do with trying to argue population statistics by citing anecdotal individual cases, which ironically are included in the average statistic already lol.
But yes we definitely do have different perspectives, which you view as some all-dividing thing for some reason when it's exactly the opposite IMO; talking to someone with a different perspective is how you both can learn a new viewpoint on something, *if you're not approaching it with an obstinate "I'm not gonna change cause I'm already right" attitude which seems to be your MO :p

Honestly, if we collectively walked the general streets of the US or Australia I seriously doubt we would see any real differences. Sure, the accents would sound different and the names of the stores would vary but the people and the way they act would be about the same.

Many who do not live in the US take the crap that is reported on the news as the way things are, which is absolutely bovine excrement. There are not non-stop protests in the streets and people are not throwing themselves off of buildings because Hillary didn't win. The protests that are broadcast are few and far between, and are blown out of proportion to try to push the liberal agenda. Most people just go about their lives and don't even worry about it.

Sure there is crime but it is not prevalent. Where I live it is rather peaceful even though the statistics say otherwise. Of course I do live out in the country rather than in the city so there is that. But anywhere you get into high population density crime will be heavier.

It is very true that, as a whole, Americans have a very different outlook on society and government. Call it good or bad if you will, but it is the way we work things out.

Well boys I've just Binned an old System and I think it was about about time. Took out the HDD, GPU and just binned everything else. Including the Memory, BIOS Battery and IDE DVD RW Drive. Everything went. Couldn't be bothered to strip it down and it was crap in anyways. Needs recycling.

So .... I must admit it felt pretty good. To see that old heap go.

Never mind.

Honestly, if we collectively walked the general streets of the US or Australia I seriously doubt we would see any real differences. Sure, the accents would sound different and the names of the stores would vary but the people and the way they act would be about the same.

Many who do not live in the US take the crap that is reported on the news as the way things are, which is absolutely bovine excrement. There are not non-stop protests in the streets and people are not throwing themselves off of buildings because Hillary didn't win. The protests that are broadcast are few and far between, and are blown out of proportion to try to push the liberal agenda. Most people just go about their lives and don't even worry about it.

Sure there is crime but it is not prevalent. Where I live it is rather peaceful even though the statistics say otherwise. Of course I do live out in the country rather than in the city so there is that. But anywhere you get into high population density crime will be heavier.

It is very true that, as a whole, Americans have a very different outlook on society and government. Call it good or bad if you will, but it is the way we work things out.

I've just been on vacation in Wales, and for reasons I am not sure of, there were quite a lot of American families around. I've been to Wales a dozen time and never met an American there before, but this time I must've came across 50+. They all seemed normal enough :p the only stereotype they successfully fulfilled was when we were at a bird show (don't ask). The american family was sat next to me, and I thought "Of all the people here, this American dude is definitely going to be be the outgoing confident person to ask loads of questions when the bird show guy walks past". And sure enough right on queue, he asks a bunch of questions, meanwhile all the Welsh & English sat in silence :lol:

Last edited:

Exactly. And so far statistically down to the number people who don't live here like to argue over our country without living here :lol:

I think overall the whole point of my post was completely missed. I literally give 0 f*cks @soul. I go to work, make my money, come home, play my games, spend time with my family, rinse and repeat. Nothing I do or say will change anything out there, nothing anybody else does or says will change how I live my life. I couldn't care less about political events, couldn't care less about anything else other than what affects my daily life. Which honestly isn't much that isn't a consequence of my own action directly. 100% the point. I just. Don't. Care. I stopped caring about the Jones's a long time ago my friend, and all the stupid BS on social media. When people get in my Discord channel then start arguing over political nonsense or anything else like gun control, abortions, whatever I just hop off. I don't want to hear it. Obviously I'm not talking about big events or natural disasters, but I think you get the gist.

That's all incredibly off topic though. This all stemmed from private sale taxation. Harrrrd negative from me sir.

Exactly. And so far statistically down to the number people who don't live here like to argue over our country without living here :lol:

I think overall the whole point of my post was completely missed. I literally give 0 f*cks @soul. I go to work, make my money, come home, play my games, spend time with my family, rinse and repeat. Nothing I do or say will change anything out there, nothing anybody else does or says will change how I live my life. I couldn't care less about political events, couldn't care less about anything else other than what affects my daily life. Which honestly isn't much that isn't a consequence of my own action directly. 100% the point. I just. Don't. Care. I stopped caring about the Jones's a long time ago my friend, and all the stupid BS on social media. When people get in my Discord channel then start arguing over political nonsense or anything else like gun control, abortions, whatever I just hop off. I don't want to hear it. Obviously I'm not talking about big events or natural disasters, but I think you get the gist.

That's all incredibly off topic though. This all stemmed from private sale taxation. Harrrrd negative from me sir.

****ing hell, seeing an american use “couldnt care less” rather than “could” is better than England winning the world cup. Praise thy lord!!

****ing hell, seeing an american use “couldnt care less” rather than “could” is better than England winning the world cup. Praise thy lord!!
Tbh I thought about being a southern shill and putting I could care less but I didn't know if anybody would get the subtle injustice and just bash me. :p I'm really trying to keep this lighthearted as it's not really a topic I care about (IT'S PUNNY).

OT to the OT, does anybody here know anything about softball?
Edit: Serious question actually.

does anybody here know anything about softball?
Edit: Serious question actually.

Quite a bit, actually. I am a former scorekeeper, and my mom still keeps score. I have been involved with it off and on for 40 years.

Does anyone have any ideas to learn Programming or a simple language I can take up.

I have come back to this topic a few times but thing is I just don't have the patience to learn a full language in side out.

I would really like to learn a language and I've even bought books and done online reading as such but I just don't have the patience or concentration to use brain power to absorb factual knowledge such as programming languages.

I would really like to learn something but learning a new language is so hard man its unreal.

JavaScript, HTML, and CSS (and PHP) are pretty quick and easy. Build a website in a popular framework (like MateralizeCSS or Bootstrap) and you'll get addicted. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom