Potentially the longest thread in history...

So yeah that **** pisses me off. BUT I do agree with their austerity program. Our debt is too high, it is not good. Yes it sucks, yes I hate the cuts to public services, and yes it's annoying that baby boomers enjoyed decades of frivolous public spending and then millenials have to pay it back through year after year of ****ty cuts. But you can't avoid debt, it will just grow into a much bigger problem if we ignore it, and then we'd REALLY have to pay for it.
I don't disagree with the idea of austerity (though I don't agree it's as necessary as you say), but the Tories' implementation of it. It's not just bad press, it affects almost everyone is society negatively and costs more in every single sector to implement than it saves.

Restricting funding to the NHS now just costs more in the long run as people go longer without care, increasing care costs down the line as illnesses become less quickly/easily treatable and thus more expensive to treat, which has many knock-on effects in terms of employability, social mobility, and so on.
The prevention of homelessness in provision of social housing and social services is FAR cheaper than tackling the problem of homelessness (which causes increases in health costs, crime (and so policing and court costs), etc.).

A good example is the PIP/ESA/benefits sanction system, which has already cost more to run than it could ever save. It would have been cheaper to let the (grossly exaggerated number of) benefits cheats scam the system to their full ability than to run the entire counter-benefits-cheats system.

Last edited:
Work would be a breeze for me if all the old crew was here having hardware convos and benchmarking. I have to resort to watching friends on Twitch which unfortunately only makes me want to game.

well i'll do my best to entertain =P

hoping to do some moderate overclocking and benching tonight... gonna pull out old super pi for laughs haha.. disable all cores for maximum single core speed and reminisce of the old days competing for pi goodness.

well i'll do my best to entertain =P

hoping to do some moderate overclocking and benching tonight... gonna pull out old super pi for laughs haha.. disable all cores for maximum single core speed and reminisce of the old days competing for pi goodness.
I'd leave at least one core on. Windows is hella bloated compared to back then. I was on XP last night with my AX2 and looking at 50MB RAM usage and a CPU actually sitting at 0% for long periods of time. Was awesome.

I'd leave at least one core on. Windows is hella bloated compared to back then. I was on XP last night with my AX2 and looking at 50MB RAM usage and a CPU actually sitting at 0% for long periods of time. Was awesome.

i loved xp.. i hung onto that for as long as possible!! dual boot xp and vista back in the day.. only using vista for dx10 games (basically just crysis and boasting my epeen)

i'm about to have some spare parts for a core i3 build with 8gb ram.. not sure what i wanna do with it.

i loved xp.. i hung onto that for as long as possible!! dual boot xp and vista back in the day.. only using vista for dx10 games (basically just crysis and boasting my epeen)

i'm about to have some spare parts for a core i3 build with 8gb ram.. not sure what i wanna do with it.
I'm not gonna lie, booting into XP last night was nice, aside from my hardware problems. I just bought another SSD to replace the 850 EVO in my 98 box so I can use the 850 EVO in the XP machine.

I'm not gonna lie, booting into XP last night was nice, aside from my hardware problems. I just bought another SSD to replace the 850 EVO in my 98 box so I can use the 850 EVO in the XP machine.

prob my next upgrade is more ssd space.. haven't touched those in forever.. still running the 840 pros in raid for boot drive (which is a sadly 256gb lol), along with a 480gb pny for games and 240gb pny for my dj related files.

not sure if i wanna go for 2x1tb 850's or grab a 1tb m.2 960evo. does the 960 speed justify the cost? hard to decide.. my friend with the 960evo says he wish he had gone for more space rather than speed he doesnt see in anything real world... i'm torn

UPDATE:
might even go with 500gb 960 evo for boot drive and 2x500gb 850 evos in raid for games.. would def be more than enough space for me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom