Potentially the longest thread in history...

Has any body else seen this site before.

Home

I just passed the first "General IT Basics 1" with 80 %

Got 66.5 % on "General IT Basics 2"

Scored 62.5 in "General IT Basics 3" .."

Theirs 40 questions for each category and I have only tested my self on the first three.

The questions about windows really let me down because I use Linux. But the hardware and networking based question I passed them all.

I don't know what the shortcuts are in windows XP or 7 as I have never really taken an interest but if it wasn't for the Windows short cut questions I'd of passed all three.

Edit: Just scored 52.63 on "General IT Basics 4" ..

Like oh man, those questions about windows really kicked my ***.

Last edited:
I got the max length for a firewire cable wrong, pretty sure that means my career is nearly over :grin: I'll try and find a more relevant test mb

Had a pretty killer weekend this time, started with work drinks on Friday that...escalated a bit after the shots came out :p everyone seemed to enjoy themselves a lot, even the shy new hires. We ended up hitting up a speakeasy rum bar and a festival after with the group, everyone was hammered enough by that stage to try the silent disco :grin: Lionel Richie all night long
Saturday was recovery + skate day, Sunday I ended up biking a ton, skating more, and *finally* got round to hooking up my PC. She's been offline since December last year :p good to have her back.

The question about changing stuff without turning off/rebooting I got wrong. Because technically plug and play as well as hot swappable is correct. Both depict two different hardwares and they didn't specify.

Had fun giving someone a good schooling who claimed to be "very tech savvy" with "insider sources" on how iPhones are entirely design and manufactured by Samsung and that they are worse (?) than Samsung smartphones because Samsung don't use their latest technology in iPhones, but only in Samsung phones. Wut...

That's why the X has a Samsung panel that's better than current gen Samsung phones, right?

Lol yeah. Admittedly, Apple using Samsung's OLED manufacturing process. But that's pretty much it. It's completely different to a typical Samsung panel under the microscope.

The guy was a complete tool. He didn't respond funnily enough.

Lol yeah. Admittedly, Apple using Samsung's OLED manufacturing process. But that's pretty much it. It's completely different to a typical Samsung panel under the microscope.

The guy was a complete tool. He didn't respond funnily enough.
Of course he didn't. I shut down a few myths going around at work too.

Well last night was amazing. I met a girl online about a week ago, and we agreed to meet up at the cinema and have a meal after. When I got there I realised we never actually agreed a date and time to meet up, I freaked out at my error because she seemed really cool over chat and I thought i'd screwed up. So I frantically message her about the screw up, she's fine and understands and tells me to come to her house and we'll go for a walk along the beach and then back to hers and cook some nice food. So, thank **** for that, I still had a chance. Off I go to her house, and we hit it off immediately. She's the girl of my dreams! we have some amazing conversations walking down the beach, we're both really into each other. We get back to hers, have some wine, make some good food. She has a really amazing house, turns out she's well off and inherited a lot of money from her family. I'm the happiest i've ever been at my life at this point, I can finally see myself having an amazing future with this awesome girl as we sit talking to each other over food.

Mfw I wake up and realize it's a dream, it's negative temperatures outside and i'm late for work and have a ****ty meeting to attend. I almost cried on the spot :lol:

Seriously waking up from that and realising it wasn't real was a huge, massive, painful kick in the balls and stab in the heart. Pure torture... :p

Oh well. :annoyed:

Back
Top Bottom