Potentially the longest thread in history... - Page 5514 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2018, 02:54 AM   #55131 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Potentially the longest thread in history...

Hit the first issue due to the Meltdown patch today, can't shadow users on our 2012 TS from Win10 machines :/ only solution so far is "uninstall the meltdown patch". ****s sake -_-

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:25 AM   #55132 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
Hit the first issue due to the Meltdown patch today, can't shadow users on our 2012 TS from Win10 machines :/ only solution so far is "uninstall the meltdown patch". ****s sake -_-
Had a friend with that KB, every time he booted up he got asusfanservice.exe stopped working. Turns out, every person running Asus AI Suite and GPU Tweak running a 10 series card from Asus has the issue. Uninstalling the patch fixes it immediately.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:29 PM   #55133 (permalink)
Master Techie

You know what it is lads & lasses. Since the beginning of 2018 my head has been a compleat ****ing train wreck.

I've spent very little time on the forums & computer. Slepping with that lass has absolutly ****ing mangled my head too bits.

Theirs so much going on rite now its unreal.

Top it off with a power fluxuation that blew my PSU last nite on my Quad Core System & hence I'm sitting heat on my Mobile logged in too techist instead of the desktop.

I wouldnt even know were too begin if I was too explain but so gar 2018 has shaped up to be mentally & emotionally draining.

When you think about human beings. Mental health. Emotional wellbeing. Sexual health. Physical health. Then the fact I've got too look after my property. Eat. Clean. Wash & all the *****y housework.

Looking after family is a nitmare. Running around like a dick head. Messages hear their & everywere.

Playing selfish petie games with family over christmas with pressents.

Am ****ing sicl of the drama & bull **** that is this dump of an estate.

I know for fact my MH Worker smokes the canabish & takes the cocaine.

Oh my lord the amount of Cocain being taken at the minute is unreal. Every. Mofo. Is. On. That. ****.

You know what I cant stand as well. Fake people. Put a smile on in public & they want you too think they have the perfect life.

Yeah you enjoy the **** just like every one else you slag. Live for the weekends . nice big big fat reafer, few drink & a cupple of line of toot baby. Yeah **** you & your perfect life.

Am sick me you know. Really. Am. Just. That. ****ing. Sick.

Sigh.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:01 PM   #55134 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Its real easy to fall into that attitude. Everyone fights getting pissed off at the world, depressed,etc. at times. Believe me- it is worse when you have kids that are young adults that are "hating the world" and think that the world owes them something,everything. The thing is - bitching about it , getting irritated, taking drugs, etc does nothing to help the situation and at times makes it worse ( out of control drug use, alcoholism,etc.). Certainly , no judgement, or wisdom here, just understanding... sometimes we all get down.
Old 01-16-2018, 09:31 PM   #55135 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
Its real easy to fall into that attitude. Everyone fights getting pissed off at the world, depressed,etc. at times. Believe me- it is worse when you have kids that are young adults that are "hating the world" and think that the world owes them something,everything. The thing is - bitching about it , getting irritated, taking drugs, etc does nothing to help the situation and at times makes it worse ( out of control drug use, alcoholism,etc.). Certainly , no judgement, or wisdom here, just understanding... sometimes we all get down.

I'm just tired of being bashed about emotionally & having too constantly fight with advantage takers. No one cares any more about anybody. People are only interested in them selves & what they can get.

Just tired of feeling like **** all the time. If its not one thing then its another.

Family are the worst. Think because you are free & maybie say sitting at home watching TV you've got too drop everything & jump too them.

No one does nothing for no one anymore. Its all about me me & me.

Selfish nasty abusive people.

On a more possitive note.

Gonna have too play with my set up & change things around since my PSU blew.

Should give me something to enjoy doing. Its just a case of being in the rite mind set.

Old 01-17-2018, 10:13 AM   #55136 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Check this out- this is what I am hoping for in the future= Watch movies, play PC/console games all in your family/living room. I cant wait for this to be the "norm" - I am sure the price will be way to much for me now, but its a start.

ASUS ROG Swift PG65 65" 4K HDR 120Hz G-SYNC FALD LCD BFGD Monitor at CES 2018 - AVSForum.com
Old 01-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #55137 (permalink)
The strange one

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
Check this out- this is what I am hoping for in the future= Watch movies, play PC/console games all in your family/living room. I cant wait for this to be the "norm" - I am sure the price will be way to much for me now, but its a start.

ASUS ROG Swift PG65 65" 4K HDR 120Hz G-SYNC FALD LCD BFGD Monitor at CES 2018 - AVSForum.com
My "Price Is Right" mentality puts me around 4 grand for that 65" monitor.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #55138 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Ya, well see. No price yet. Also, I tried to actually find out what the specs are- not available. Of coarse specs are "fudged" all the time.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:30 PM   #55139 (permalink)
Build Guru

Try more like 5-6 grand, specs aren't final yet because they're prototypes. I was actually talking about one of these in your other thread. What we do know is 4K, 120Hz, Gsync, HDR, built in Nvidia Shield, VA panel.

Now I'm gonna go back to bed. Had the flu since Monday night.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 07:41 PM   #55140 (permalink)

I'd love a low latency 40" 4K 120Hz display. Do it nVidia!

iFargle.com
7700k 32GB RAM 512GB 960 Pro GTX 1080 NCase M1
15" Retina MBP || 128GB OnePlus 6 || 64GB iPad Air 2
Battle.net: iFargle #1561 || Steam: iFargle

"Because we are the pioneers. The star sailors. The thinkers. The visionaries. The doers.
And because we stand on the shoulders of giants, to go farther than humanity has ever been,
we will add our names to the roles of the greatest adventurers in history."
iFargle is offline   Reply With Quote