Potentially the longest thread in history...

Near years eve = watched the new "Kingsman movie" finished it at 11:30 pm EST- watched the tube for the NYC countdown. Said "happy new year" - kissed my wife , cleaned up the snacks mess from watching the movie. Was in bed at 12;30. LOl - I would my excuse was because, "I am old", except my 3 kids were all asleep way before midnight.

Good for you Spud!!

Had plans to go out NYE, but ended up feeling like **** all day, and not being able to go out - so I rang in the new year with a shot of NyQuil and then passed out. Felt alright most of the day yesterday, and then by the evening I felt like crap again, so more NyQuil and called into work for today. Today I'm feeling a bit better, so I went to clear off my car and make sure my car would start (because it's been at least -10 to -20F, with windchill making it closer to -30F for about 3 days now)...aaaaaand battery is totally dead. So now I'm charging it up in the hopes it'll still be alright and be able to keep a charge...otherwise I'll have to rip the battery out and find a ride to the auto parts store and get a new battery.

Spent NYE at home as I was feeling rough with an oncoming cold and my wife's knee is still in a lot of pain. My wife and her mom were watching Gray's Anatomy at midnight. I was online surfing, looked up and saw that it was 12:30 so I guess I missed it.

I was called out to a store down situation New Year's morning so I guess it is a good thing that I don't drink. Store's switch had died so it was an easy fix.

Stayed home today sick (the aforementioned cold). Dispatch called me with two tickets, one a store's camera system won't come back up after a power outage and the other another store down that sounds like a switch. I am running the camera call tomorrow and called the KY tech to take the other one.

...otherwise I'll have to rip the battery out and find a ride to the auto parts store and get a new battery.

That's going to be a cold ride on your crotch rocket.

That's going to be a cold ride on your crotch rocket.

:lol: Too bad it's not even at my place - it's stored somewhere else about halfway across town lol.

Luckily the charger got it to start, so I let it run for about 20 minutes just idling in the parking lot and then hooked it back onto the charger and slow-charged it the rest of the way to full. So hopefully it's still good in the morning. I imagine it should be - temps aren't supposed to be quite as bad as they were this weekend now.

Made a quick crypto tracker for myself out of sheer boredom, for no real reason as there are a million and one others on the internet. But it's fun to do quick projects like this when bored at work :p Unfortunately the free API only allows 1 refresh per minute. I'm also pretty sure the JS is icky and could be much better, but I only just started learning recently so very much a noob :D

https://codepen.io/kmanmx/pen/vpeOdy

^I'm writing a slightly more dangerous version :p mine is going to attempt to analyze trades and automatically buy/sell for me, i.e. auto day trader. Normally it's pretty difficult to do, but the crytpos are going up/down by such large margins so freakin often that it's much, much easier to take advantage of than normal.

^I'm writing a slightly more dangerous version :p mine is going to attempt to analyze trades and automatically buy/sell for me, i.e. auto day trader. Normally it's pretty difficult to do, but the crytpos are going up/down by such large margins so freakin often that it's much, much easier to take advantage of than normal.

Yeah I saw there are quite a few APIs that let you make wallets and buy/sell orders and such. Interesting.

But there is no way I am going to try that with my proggy skills. Just a missed decimal space and you are buying 10x as much BTC as you wanted to :\

Also I think you might find the high fees and slow coins transfer kind of problematic. It's not like you can buy/sell hundreds of times a second like you can on Forex.

I sold all my btc for ripple :p XRP trades are (pretty much) instant. Their spiel is you can convert between any two currencies in a max of 4 seconds. That and ETH are the only ones I own now

Last edited:
I sold all my btc for ripple :p XRP trades are (pretty much) instant. Their spiel is you can convert between any two currencies in a max of 4 seconds. That and ETH are the only ones I own now

I'm wanting to trade some of my LTC to XRP, but Binance registrations are still closed. Blech.

Back
Top Bottom