Potentially the longest thread in history...

Kind of agree with PP here. I don't think it will be that big of a deal. Yes, in theory, they can now charge you to visit Netflix or whatever.

Except that just won't happen, because Netflix will find a way to sue them. Same for any company that can afford a legal team. No way Verizon are going to charge $10 to get to Netflix, which reduces the amount of people visiting Netflix by many millions. Netflix won't just be like "oh okay, fine".

And all it takes is one ISP to offer a good service, without this anti net neutrality **** like throttling and excess charges to get to certain sites, and they'll have a huge advantage over every other ISP and steal all their customers. In practice, ISPs will find it very difficult to make significant changes to the way the internet works.

Yes I would prefer a 100% free and open internet, but at the same time, I don't think this will be as big a deal as people are making out. I think it is the same as what always happens, the snowflake culture acting like everything is a disaster and end of the world.

And even if I am wrong, and the absolute worse happens, nothing will make the Internet evolve faster than someone destroying it with ****e like this. If they destroy the internet, there is a trillion dollar opportunity to make Internet 2.0 - and I guess it will work something like OpenBazaar 2, decentralized etc. In that respect, it could be a blessing in disguise. Considering pretty much all the tech companies are against this BS, they will be the first to support any new Internet 2.0.
tl;dr of my post is this + they had the opportunity to do it before 2015 and didn't. If they did, some smart rich person would definitely take the opportunity to roll out "internet 2.0" to stick it to the telco companies that honestly needed to die a long time ago.

Yeah. Honestly getting annoyed with people crying over spilt milk these days. These people standing in the street at anti trump rallies bawling their eyes out going "HE'S NOT MUH PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!". Well yeah he is, sorry. Yeah the guys a ****. But hey, you wake up in the morning and you still have 99% of what you had before Trump, you can still buy your iPhone, still have health care, a growing economy, and nothing will really change for the most part. Same **** with Brexit. People acting like the UK will turn into Kazakhstan and we'll be getting our water from wells and rely on the red cross to give us medical supplies. The best bit is you see people like "I'm done with the UK. This countries ****ed. I'm moving to France or Spain". Waitttttttttttttt a ****ing minute, the UK is predicted to lose 5% of GDP by 2030 because of Brexit, so because of that, you are moving to a country who's GDP PPP is already 5%+ lower than the UK's ?.....okay then............. and yes there are quite a lot of people saying that **** on Reddit.

Last edited:
Yeah. Honestly getting annoyed with people crying over spilt milk these days. These people standing in the street at anti trump rallies bawling their eyes out going "HE'S NOT MUH PRESIDENT!!!!!!!!!!". Well yeah he is, sorry. Yeah the guys a ****. But hey, you wake up in the morning and you still have 99% of what you had before Trump, you can still buy your iPhone, still have health care, a growing economy, and nothing will really change for the most part. Same **** with Brexit. People acting like the UK will turn into Kazakhstan and we'll be getting our water from wells and rely on the red cross to give us medical supplies. The best bit is you see people like "I'm done with the UK. This countries ****ed. I'm moving to France or Spain". Waitttttttttttttt a ****ing minute, the UK is predicted to lose 5% of GDP by 2030 because of Brexit, so because of that, you are moving to a country who's GDP PPP is already 5%+ lower than the UK's ?.....okay then............. and yes there are quite a lot of people saying that **** on Reddit.
We had that before Trump. Most of Hollywood said they were moving out of the country. After Trump was put into office guess what? **** TON OF MEMES hahahaha. Picture of specific Hollywood person saying BYE. Yet....sadly they're still here. And now doing even worse, accusing everybody of sexual harassment.

Today we're starting on trying to fix a head gasket. All I've done before now is change brake pads + fan belt :p this should be...interesting lol.

tl;dr of my post is this + they had the opportunity to do it before 2015 and didn't. If they did, some smart rich person would definitely take the opportunity to roll out "internet 2.0" to stick it to the telco companies that honestly needed to die a long time ago.

That's basically echoing the sentiments of the providers

We won't do it! But let us. Even though we won't do anything once you do. So you should definitely let us. And we're going to spend millions and millions trying to make you let us. But don't worry, we definitely wont' do anything this law prohibits anyway.

And what do you mean it "hasn't happened before 2015"? See bittorrent as an easy example - don't remember the throttling/blocking of that traffic? That isn't "treating all data as equal", and that's been happening as far back as 2007...

That's one thing, and we KNOW why they were doing it. It was also **** canned before Title 2. All of the ISPs have done something ****ty as has TV providers, cell providers, electronic providers, electricity providers (which have been Title 2 for decades) and yet "oh no muh internetz". We had Title 2 for 2 years, it's been around barely long enough to make any kind of impact and taking it away will only make things the way they were before. Not anything remotely like all the doomsayers are making it out to be.

What I said isn't even remotely echoing the sentiments of the providers. What I'm saying is nothing has changed since before 2015. Nothing. AT&T, Comcast, etc are all still pulling shady **** regardless. Under the table deals to keep a turf war going, blindly refusing complaints from customers about access issues, contracts, everything is all the same. MY sentiments are, if they DO pull this **** everybody is saying in a couple years time they will be buried to irrelevance. It will further propagate the need for 5G the way it's meant to be deployed and all land line ISPs will be buried in their greed. Tbh, I expect that to happen regardless of what happens, even if it takes more time than quoted for deployment.

And again, Congress still hasn't passed it.

Edit: Actually everything the people have quoted in the meme picture floating around was deemed unlawful and taken care of before Title 2. All of it.

Last edited:
That's one thing, and we KNOW why they were doing it. It was also **** canned before Title 2.

Worth nothing it took 3 years of legal battle to do it though. With Title 2 anything like that would be an open and shut case, so much so that I'd think it would disincentivize organizations from trying to pull it in the first place

Not anything remotely like all the doomsayers are making it out to be.

Yeah that's true it's definitely over the top lol, I don't think there's any incoming internet nuclear winter either

Worth nothing it took 3 years of legal battle to do it though. With Title 2 anything like that would be an open and shut case, so much so that I'd think it would disincentivize organizations from trying to pull it in the first place

Yeah that's true it's definitely over the top lol, I don't think there's any incoming internet nuclear winter either
Sure and how many years of legal battle did Samsung and Apple go through with a copyright infringement? How about the patent trolls? Toshiba crooked pencil case? Hell we can go as far as Hillary leaked emails. TItle 2 wouldn't have helped it in the least. People really have no idea how shady these big telco companies are. They're right up there with big oil and big banks. I mean ****, the proof is right there. AT&T is still paying the Dallas and Fort Worth mayors under the table for turf control. Where's that godsend Title 2? Not helping the corruption. It's just like gun control. The legal system is so flawed here it just simply doesn't matter. People are whining and crying over the wrong things, and the people who know no better are just regurgitating bull**** all over the internet.

The funniest thing about it ALL is how much people bitch about mobile services yet nobody is crying and complaining about net neutrality on the mobile front. It's all "oh nooo muh faaaceboook and muh netfliks". How about "FFS I don't want to go back to being throttled on an unlimited phone plan I pay good money for". Not a peep in sight. It goes to show how much misinformation was spread about the whole situation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom