Potentially the longest thread in history...

@ Soul .. Its Non ECC, and tbh the MoBo has died so it doesn't make a difference.

I've checked everything. Tested it against known good working memory, tried a dedicated GPU, a known good monitor. a known good main board battery, reset the BIOS by way of the jumpers, unplugged everything and totally stripped it down to the bair bones.

I paid £5 for the system. :lol: but I have at least gotton a good branded EZCOOL 500W PSU and a nice case with a SATA DVD Blue Disk RW Drive. :lol: so I'm not bothered. And then all the extras to get SATA up and running such as extension connectors and the likes of molex to SATA.

But yeah the MoBo just wont display a picture despite cross checking everything and testing known good components in it. :(
Ezcool would not be a good brand of PSU.

Here is an unfortunate truth for all you gamers out there like me...

You may ****ing hate paid content, loot boxes, DLC and such. But, be careful what you wish for, because companies like EA and Rockstar will not sign off astronomically huge budgets for games without these.."features".. when they are only going to generate 1/2 or less the revenue because there is no DLC. You can have your games without these ****ty things, but don't expect the same scale or quality.

Personally I would still prefer it that way. Some of the most fun i've had recently are on smaller budget games like Human Fall Flat, Brick Rigs, Factorio etc. But I do love the epic scale of games like GTA5, a game which has earn over a billion dollar for Rockstar Games from just the Shark cards (money). If they remove these from the game and have to tell their publisher that GTA6 will make half as much money because of no Shark cards due to consumer backlash, it will be given a budget half the size of GTA5.

Last edited:
I asked @Firefox about a replacement for NoScript on Twitter, got a message about this. I just added it and will see how it goes. The interface is a bit different but time will tell.

https://t.co/bHdawSORcM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/noscript/
After I posted that, when I got home from work I decided to check and saw that NoScript had been released for Quantum as of yesterday.

But then some car drivers are dick bags too. The amount of times I was on my motorbike and cars would deliberately move over in the lane to stop me filtering past, which is 100% legal in this country and in place to help reduce congestion (every motorcycle that filters is one less in the queue of traffic). But some drivers just get super ****ing salty that someone is progressing faster than them in traffic. I've seen on youtube it's quite popular for motorcyclists to punch out the side mirror of cars if the driver is being a ****, and then just speed off. Never done it myself but I have been tempted once or twice.
Been watching a lot of videos on the MotoMadness channel - and I saw the people squeezing lanes to prevent filtering; was stupid. A lot of mirror smashing on there as well lol. I didn't realize that was a thing until I started watching more vids online. Lesson learned: if you happen to cut off a motorcyclist, 90% of the time they're fine with it if you just apologize - then you won't get your mirror smashed.

I laughed so suddenly i had to wipe my monitor

:CerealSpit:

Well...that is what it's called. Hamburger menu - because the 3 lines looks like 2 buns & a burger.

whaaa
everybody knows that.
Unless its an American thing since we love food and hamburgers

That was my thought exactly but I didnt want to offend myself... because I love hamburgers those three bars have never made me hungry before today

Here is an unfortunate truth for all you gamers out there like me...

You may ****ing hate paid content, loot boxes, DLC and such. But, be careful what you wish for, because companies like EA and Rockstar will not sign off astronomically huge budgets for games without these.."features".. when they are only going to generate 1/2 or less the revenue because there is no DLC. You can have your games without these ****ty things, but don't expect the same scale or quality.

Personally I would still prefer it that way. Some of the most fun i've had recently are on smaller budget games like Human Fall Flat, Brick Rigs, Factorio etc. But I do love the epic scale of games like GTA5, a game which has earn over a billion dollar for Rockstar Games from just the Shark cards (money). If they remove these from the game and have to tell their publisher that GTA6 will make half as much money because of no Shark cards due to consumer backlash, it will be given a budget half the size of GTA5.
The big deal is over lootboxes and that's about it. Something like Sharkcards you know exactly what you're getting for your money and it's simple enough to earn in game currency.

Lootboxes are being investigated as being gambling because you're giving your money for a random chance at....something. In the case of Battlefront 2, you'd have to pay an astronomical amount of money to get all the content you'd otherwise regularly should be able to get in a reasonable amount of time. Except the time wasn't reasonable. So it was marked under pay 2 win.

FCC plan would give Internet providers power to choose the sites customers see and use
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-net-neutrality-rules/?utm_term=.9fecd71968a0
Luckily Opera has a VPN built in that works quite well.

As a former front end ui designer and graphics tech student i've never heard the menu icon called a hamburger lol.. but that apparently doesnt mean anything
I've never heard it called that either.

Back
Top Bottom