Potentially the longest thread in history... - Page 5479 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Member's Area > Off Topic Discussion
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #54781 (permalink)
The Residential Loon

Default Re: Potentially the longest thread in history...

I thought I had it bad PP ..

I'm gonna be skint until the end of January what is my own fault and I've been told to get lost by Family and pick my self up.

For the last several months I have had a constant leach on my case sponging and just last week I told him their would be no more. I'm genuinely paranoid as **** what he could do and he is capable of trying to do to me in regards to revenge.

Hes a very jealous spiteful greedy and selfish person but its taken me 12 months to wise up too him and thats no joke.

Constantly one thing after another. Taking advantage were money is concerned. If he does something for you, then it will work out in his favour in the long run. Does nothing for nothing for nobody for nothing.

I gave my self a good talking too about him and its left me pissed and angry but I'm also paranoid as hell because hes a very jealous persona who is capable of following threw on his jealousy.

Hes all ready threatened me this person in question to mention certain things to family what will cause hell on. He like the best of the best. A nice house. Likes his bills paid. Like his holidays. Likes money in the bank. Like his drugs. Cigarettes. Baring in mind cigarettes cost 7.50 p + per pack.

Not interested in anyone unless hes gaining from it.

I've regularly transferred money to his account what I have borrowd off him but their a reason for it. If I transfer money to his account he will need things paying such as Direct Debits or Bill Payments. Everything I have borrowed off him has been paid back but if he lends money then theirs a reason why hes lending it. Say if I owe him a 10, then its can I have this and I will forget the 10 .. Something for nothing.

Situations were. He'll say, so are we in agreement. Basically banging you too rights. Then if it doesnt work out in his favour theirs hell on such as arguments and in fighting becasue he doesn't like doing without.

It took me a long time too realise how manipulative he is and ever since getting to know him well I've learned a lot from him about how people can be but in fact hes a down and out. Takes drugs, every now again when hes broke ; sells the odd 20 bag, never a bean to his name, likes to party and the best of the best. Like the presents under the tree at Christmas. Food cupboards full.

The guys just a user who cant hold down a job and takes drugs.

Really angry towards him but now hes getting told too **** off.

Spud1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 07:17 PM   #54782 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

With the house loan looming I spent quite a few hours working on my finance website again and redid my budget at the same time to incorporate the new costs (utilities mainly), can't wait to find out what hidden costs I've overlooked -_-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
The company that bought my loan for my house is trying to screw me already within 4 months.
By company that bought the loan, do you mean like a debt collection agency? What are they trying to do?

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #54783 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
With the house loan looming I spent quite a few hours working on my finance website again and redid my budget at the same time to incorporate the new costs (utilities mainly), can't wait to find out what hidden costs I've overlooked -_-

By company that bought the loan, do you mean like a debt collection agency? What are they trying to do?
Idk about anywhere else, but here it's common for your original lender to sell your loan to another company a few months after your house purchase. It's kind of like a ****ty "mediation" thing where the first company does all the hard work then the next company comes in and just takes your money. This is why a lot of people refinance their house here to move to another company that won't treat you like ***.

I have paid what I owe each month and for October they tacked on another 1600ish like I missed a month. Each month after that has had a late fee attached for no reason. When I try to get in contact with them I'm on hold with the BS "our queues are high" ****. The only thing I haven't done so far is try to source an HQ number which I'm doing next week after I tackle my car.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 04:25 PM   #54784 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
Anyone installed the new Firefox upgrade 57.0 (64 Bit) ..

First impressions are I dont like it.
I agree- I don't like it AT ALL!!
acerinpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #54785 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spud1200 View Post
Anyone installed the new Firefox upgrade 57.0 (64 Bit) ..

First impressions are I dont like it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acerinpa View Post
I agree- I don't like it AT ALL!!
Why?

Seems better. I still use Chrome as my primary, but in the little bit I've used Quantum...seems fine. Waiting for NoScript to be updated for it, then I might try it as my primary browser over Chrome.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 05:11 PM   #54786 (permalink)

I love it. Been using FF full time for the last year or so, and Quantum is so much quicker than older versions. On par with Chrome I'd say
Battle.net: iFargle #1561 || Steam/Origin: iFargle
iFargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:40 PM   #54787 (permalink)
The Residential Loon

I'm getting used too the lay out but at first I was confused and looking all over for what I was used to being in certain places. Just awkward at first.

Also can I ask, can I take memory out of my server and put it in my desktop as they are both DDR2 ..
Old 11-20-2017, 07:56 PM   #54788 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE

We run FF ESR at work, so I won't be pushing it out for a while yet

@spud might wanna check if it's ECC or not

Last night I started discussing plans with my younger bro as he's going to be renting a room off me. F********ks sake lol the kid has no clue. He's not going to bother finishing the course he's been studying this year, half resigning from his job working at a fast food restaurant, and planning on working casually for a church 1-2 days out of the week to get free food handouts so he can "save more money by not having to buy food". I mean, he's enterprising but prob in for a bit of a rude wake-up call when there's no food in the fridge and he has to pay/buy/cook everything himself on top of all the usual bills that he's never had to pay before

As a kicker he's also planning on going traveling around Europe in ~8 months with his (also freshly out of school and unemployed) gf, despite not having more than 1k to his name. Not sure how that's going to go for him considering return airfare is min ~1k per person for starters
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:38 PM   #54789 (permalink)
The Residential Loon

@ Soul .. Its Non ECC, and tbh the MoBo has died so it doesn’t make a difference.

I've checked everything. Tested it against known good working memory, tried a dedicated GPU, a known good monitor. a known good main board battery, reset the BIOS by way of the jumpers, unplugged everything and totally stripped it down to the bair bones.

I paid 5 for the system. but I have at least gotton a good branded EZCOOL 500W PSU and a nice case with a SATA DVD Blue Disk RW Drive. so I'm not bothered. And then all the extras to get SATA up and running such as extension connectors and the likes of molex to SATA.

But yeah the MoBo just wont display a picture despite cross checking everything and testing known good components in it.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:44 PM   #54790 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Well- I figured out how to make the new FF look more like the old one= go into customize and drag/drop the library icon and drag/place the bookmark icon. That was my biggest issue= was not having the bookmarks menu on the right side. Dont know about speed or playing vids, etc. Yet, so well see now- I also don't like the "log into Gmail" account on the landing screen - I don't use Gmail at all for email - had to get an account for Facebook and that is ALL I use it for.

acerinpa is offline   Reply With Quote